Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What do YOU think happened on 9/11/2001?

Posted by on May. 22, 2014 at 8:12 PM
  • 219 Replies
First off, let me just say this first and foremost. This is not intended to take away from Anyone who experienced loss that sad day.

The reason I ask is because I came across an article the other day about people thinking missles OR govermemt jets hit the towers.

I have heard this before and basically brushed it off as nonsense but for whatever reason I was sucked into a 45 minute documentry about 9/11 and the other theories that alot of people have about that day.

This show had me captivated and I know this is old news but I never gave these senerioes a second thought until now. Now I wonder what really happened and if those were not our comercial flights then where in the hell are all the people who were on those flights?

Why did it happen if it wasn't a terrorist attack?

Who is behind it?

It said the phone calls that people made from the planes never happened and that the 2 planes that suposedly crashed into the towers are in service to this day!

Please share your thoughts and ideas.
by on May. 22, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2014 at 8:20 PM
24 moms liked this
I think it was exactly what has been portrayed. I don't believe any of the conspiracy theories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
friendlymom5
by Member on May. 22, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom: I think it was exactly what has been portrayed. I don't believe any of the conspiracy theories.
LIMom1105
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2014 at 8:24 PM

I don't believe the conspiracy theories either.  I didn't see the jets hit the towers, but I did spend a good chunk of that day watching them collapse and burn.  I'm glad you didn't post that it never happened, because those theories really piss me off. 

Now can I say 100% that someone else wasn't behind it?  No, but I really doubt it.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2014 at 8:24 PM
8 moms liked this

This.  And I don't know why people keep these theories going? It is too painful for many people to keep reliving it.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom: I think it was exactly what has been portrayed. I don't believe any of the conspiracy theories.

MonarchMom22
by Member on May. 22, 2014 at 8:25 PM
6 moms liked this

My som in law was standing in his office and saw the plane crash onto the tower from a block away.  watched the entire thing and was lucky to get out of his own building alive.  there is no doubt in my mind about the authenticity of the news reporting on the event.

Miller0305
by Member on May. 22, 2014 at 8:30 PM
6 moms liked this
I fucking hate 9/11 truthers smh
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2014 at 8:33 PM
9 moms liked this

There are countless hours of video footage and thousands of witnesses to the planes hitting the towers.  They were not military.

Did it occur to you how many people would have to be involved in a cover-up of this magnitude..........thousands.....thousands of people would have had to keep their mouths shut and/or stay hidden for the last 13 years.  Do you really think that is realistic?

lga1965
by on May. 22, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I have read about it and watched a few DVD's about it and I think we weren't told the truth. The only thing that I question is what happened to all the people who died who supposedly were on the planes that hit the towers? And the ones that crashed in Pennsylvania and the Pentagon? All those passengers are dead, we can assume. Did they die on all of the planes or somewhere else?

I read and heard that the buildings were demolished with controlled detonation , not the planes.

But, yeah, I think it was allowed to happen. So now we have the terror alert color codes and the searches when flying and more surveillance and Homeland Security. It keeps everyone on a constant alert, tense, and looking for the bad guys.  Not a good way to live. I think it serves a purpose for the Intelligence agencies and the government. Not a good thing.

I have heard many places that it was allowed to happen ( and conservatives are angrily denying it to this day) that Bush ignored Intel warnings before 9/11 and let the attacks happen.

Here is one article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/opinion/the-bush-white-house-was-deaf-to-9-11-warnings.html?_r=0

IT was perhaps the most famous presidential briefing in history.

Javier Jaén Benavide
Opinion Twitter Logo.

Connect With Us on Twitter

For Op-Ed, follow @nytopinion and to hear from the editorial page editor, Andrew Rosenthal, follow @andyrNYT.

On Aug. 6, 2001, President George W. Bush received a classified review of the threats posed by Osama bin Laden and his terrorist network, Al Qaeda. That morning's "presidential daily brief" - the top-secret document prepared by America's intelligence agencies - featured the now-infamous heading: "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S." A few weeks later, on 9/11, Al Qaeda accomplished that goal

Continued at LINK>

acrogodess
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2014 at 8:37 PM
I was just across the river in the Bronx. When I didn't believe what I was seeing on television, I pulled up my shade and saw the smoke from both towers. For weeks upon weeks, I smelled the stench of rotting burning flesh. I try not to think about it. I don't think it was some big conspiracy theory, but I do think the government knew the attacks were imminent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2014 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Abigailhayden:

It said the phone calls that people made from the planes never happened

I'm going to provide you with some links.   I'd like you to read through them, and decide for yourself the answer to one question:

If the calls were NOT made, what is the minimum number of people who would have to be 'in' on that aspect of the hoax?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/september-11-attacks/8754395/911-Voices-from-the-doomed-planes.html

http://letsrollforums.com/9-11-flight-attendants-t20794.html?s=08f4fe36c87330dd6a81499db4e7ba0f&

http://www.consensus911.org/point-pc-4/

http://911research.wtc7.net/planes/analysis/phonecalls.html

http://www.911myths.com/html/the_9_11_calls_weren_t_real.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)