Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

16 Year old Murders Taxi driver because he thought he was being Over-charged

Posted by on May. 24, 2014 at 11:20 AM
  • 14 Replies

http://wnep.com/2014/05/23/16-year-old-charged-in-scranton-cab-drivers-murder/

My thoughts :

by on May. 24, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I can't tell if he's just a sociopath or if he's got intense anger issues stemming from childhood. People who are more or less well adjusted don't do things like this so I can only imagine what his first 16 years have been like. 

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on May. 24, 2014 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm going with sociopath.

TerraIncognita
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
He planned to rob the cab driver before he stepped foot in the car. Thats why he used someone elses phone. It has nothing to do with being overcharged.

steeljello
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 12:16 PM

That is plausible.

Quoting TerraIncognita: He planned to rob the cab driver before he stepped foot in the car. Thats why he used someone elses phone. It has nothing to do with being overcharged.

lga1965
by on May. 24, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Yes, this is sick.

Where did he get the gun? He's too young to buy one,right? Did he take it from home? Did some idiot give it to him or buy it for him?Did he steal it? Is it too easy for ANYONE to get their hands on a gun? Do we hold his family responsible?Yes. And gun merchants. Yes. The psychology of criminals and lack of punishment?Yes.

'merica, the country of guns and gun lovers that worships the almighty dollar and praises FORCE is effed up.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.'

-Dr. Seuss
lga1965
by on May. 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Quoting dawnie1:

I'm going with sociopath.

Me,too. And I suspect he was created a psychopath by his parents and their way of life.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.'

-Dr. Seuss
steeljello
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd assume it was an illegal gun, he certainly is too young to legally purchase one. And I agree w/ your thoughts, guns are too readily available for anyone and everyone to acquire. What's even more pervasive, and I believe the root of the problem is a lack of proper parenting for the general majority of today's youth.

Quoting lga1965:

Yes, this is sick.

Where did he get the gun? He's too young to buy one,right? Did he take it from home? Did some idiot give it to him or buy it for him?Did he steal it? Is it too easy for ANYONE to get their hands on a gun? Do we hold his family responsible?Yes. And gun merchants. Yes. The psychology of criminals and lack of punishment?Yes.

'merica, the country of guns and gun lovers that worships the almighty dollar and praises FORCE is effed up.

lga1965
by on May. 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Exactly! The lack of proper parenting. I shudder to think of what his home is like.

Quoting steeljello:

I'd assume it was an illegal gun, he certainly is too young to legally purchase one. And I agree w/ your thoughts, guns are too readily available for anyone and everyone to acquire. What's even more pervasive, and I believe the root of the problem is a lack of proper parenting for the general majority of today's youth.

Quoting lga1965:

Yes, this is sick.

-Dr. Seuss
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2014 at 1:37 PM

He speak in self-quotes, as though coping lines from a movie made about his own life.

He delivers the dialog he feels is expected of him.  Or that he feels should be expected from the sort of person he aspires to be.

pixie92
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2014 at 1:46 PM
I'm not going to join the bandwagon of blaming parents. Honestly I'm sick of hearing without proof of it being the parents fault. Many good families have a child that does this. The homie talk is usually gang or drug related which would explain how he could geta gun. I hope he gets locked up for a long time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN