Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

When does the change occur?

Posted by on May. 26, 2014 at 12:33 AM
  • 5 Replies
I am talking about the change from the childhood "yay, the pool is opening today and I am hopping in without delay and who cares that my lips are blue two minutes later" to the adult "holy shit that 62 degree water is freezing, no way in hell am I dipping so much as a toe in there!!"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Elkamelka
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

It has always been the same for me. I used to stand under the hot showers at the JCCA instead of swimming in cold water!

fnpdocgrrl
by Boudica on May. 26, 2014 at 12:45 AM
2 moms liked this

That changed never happened for me :)  I love cold water and have gone swimming in glacial runoff up in the High Sierras in late March.  

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on May. 26, 2014 at 6:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Boobies.
GLWerth
by Gina on May. 26, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Wait, you have a choice as to going in or not?

My kids all expect me to be in the pool with them, from the time we get there until it is time to leave. 

However, during the 10 minute lifeguard breaks, I get to swim laps with no kids in the pool.

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I ran into this in March when we went to Florida. It was fine to swim during the day, but my child wants to be in the pool every moment that we aren't in a theme park. It was in the 60's at night and holy hell it was cold. Her lips were blue and she kept saying she was fine and that we needed to be in the pool with her. My husband and I were huddled in sweats using towels as extra blankets, LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)