Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being a Woman - Things Have to Change.

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:02 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that men, if they had to live with a woman's brain, for just one day ... they'll will have killed themselves by nightfall.
Ziva65
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My son said that my daughter at school is known as  a "bitch" to his friends (he's 17)- rather surprising since he doesn't even use that kind of language. Well, she has pretty high standards, age 16 doesn't date, doesn't flirt, doesn't wear suggestive clothes. She isn't interested in the guys there, thinks they are all immature, and "stupid". (I think she's probably right).

Well, of course some other girls are very flirty, ridiculously so, wear very suggestive things, act borderline slutty and are totally loved by the boys. I see it when I pick her up from school, I've wanted to let some of their parents know (of the guys and the girls)- but in knowing some of the parents, I wouldn't bother. We need to change the entire mindset as a society.

My daughter's right. Most of the boys think with the wrong part of thier body, as do many girls. The kids are all responsible for perpetuating this bad behavior. I'm glad she has like minded friends...maybe "dorky", but that's fine with me.

I do think women have power. They/ We have power to change it. Change our interactions, teach our sons and daughters properly, to be bold and strong. Teach our sons to respect women, and our daughters to respect themselves. Foster a strong self esteem in our kids, boys and girls.- so they don't try to seek it out wiht the other sex. Stand up as a society against these rapists and boys who think they are entitled. Also, teach our kids (boys and girls) to avoid the situations where this can arise.

Ziva65
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Also- have you heard about the Alumni of the Ivy league schools fighting back against sexual harassment? The stats were significant of the numbers of kids who were sexually harassed/ or raped- they are calling for change. Change in terms of encouraging other alumni to stop donations until there is some dialogue towards a solution.

This is a great example of how the community can stand against it. I 'd like to see the same at the courthouses, when some kid gets out on bail for egregious behavior.

AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Things ARE changing, and they are getting better. A lot of pieces like this exist, and it is making the world a better place for all women. People are becoming more aware, and I know more men who consider themselves feminist now than my mother has ever even met.

It's an exciting time to be alive. We get to witness so many positive changes in the world. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)