Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bride under fire for attaching a baby to her wedding dress

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:27 PM
  • 55 Replies

MEMPHIS, TN – A newlywed couple in Tennessee is facing a wave of criticism on social media for something they did during their wedding last month. Shona Carter-Brooks and Johnathan brooks got married may 12th near Nashville. Their wedding was just one month after the birth of their daughter.

Carter-Brooks posted a picture from their wedding ceremony to Facebook. It shows the newborn going down the aisle on the train of her dress.

She responded to negative reaction to the picture, saying the baby was awake and safely secured to the dress and she was never in danger. Carter-Brooks she say she doesn’t regret her decision.

“Our 1-month-old was awake and well secured on my train. Most important, while y’all got ya feelings in us, we had our hearts in Christ which covers all!!” the woman wrote on Facebook.

Here's the full Facebook post from Carter-Brooks defending her decision:

People questioning what we do, commenting all negative, and just doing the most. We good though we covered by the Blood which never loose its power. So to the media, radio, news, and whomever else wanting to talk about what WE do here you go: Media Media I see how it works regardless the situation or purpose people gone have something negative to say! The answer is we do what we want when we want long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine and gone continue to be fine. Our 1 month old was awake and well secured on my train. Most important while yall got ya feelings in us we had our hearts in Christ which covers all!! So keep ya mouths running for it was just that Exclusive and Epic enough we made top blog way from small town Ripley, TN and the social media doing what they do, TALK!!!!

What do you think?  I hope this is clickable.  I don't think it's the end of the world, but it's certainly not the best decision.
“Life they say, can turn on a dime. And in a world that constantly shifts beneath our feet, the only thing we can know for certain is how we feel, the love we have, the fear we hide from, the pain we push away. Give it a voice, and the rewards are piece of mind and a peaceful heart.”
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I was imagining a pouch like a kangaroo lol
Elkamelka
by KayGee on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Shoot...there is a video that didn't attach.  Trying again.

Edited:  Dammit...it didn't work. 

http://www.ksdk.com/story/life/2014/06/02/shona-carter-brooks-jackson-tennessee-baby-tied-to-wedding-train/9857119/

I thought I was more tech savvy, but apparently, I'm not!
“Life they say, can turn on a dime. And in a world that constantly shifts beneath our feet, the only thing we can know for certain is how we feel, the love we have, the fear we hide from, the pain we push away. Give it a voice, and the rewards are piece of mind and a peaceful heart.”
Elkamelka
by KayGee on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:31 PM

I tried to link the video but couldn't.  It looks cute, but probably would have made more sense to not walk down the aisle dragging her on the train.

Quoting VinVanMom: I was imagining a pouch like a kangaroo lol

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:32 PM

OMG people are so freaking dumb. there should be a test to take in order to be a parent - ugh, or else we should just get rid of all the safety warnings and let nature take its course.

AdrianneHill
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Grab a still as a screenshot and post it so I can see
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Wow lol, not what I pictured.  That is crazy.

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Would be cuter to just carry her or use a wagon with the ring boy. But it's her wedding as long as baby is safe it's fine w me.

Quoting Elkamelka:

I tried to link the video but couldn't.  It looks cute, but probably would have made more sense to not walk down the aisle dragging her on the train.

Quoting VinVanMom: I was imagining a pouch like a kangaroo lol

oddgirl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Here's a picture. I was just about to post this.

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:34 PM

A ltittle tacky, almost like the baby is an afterthought.  In the big picture...not a big deal

Elkamelka
by KayGee on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Thank you!  There is a video, too.

Quoting oddgirl:

Here's a picture. I was just about to post this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)