Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Careful where you go, folks!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM
  • 14 Replies

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/30/anti-white-hate-crime-being-investigated-in-cincinnati/

Well, isn't this awful? So random too, good thing stuff like this rarely happens. :/

A Cincinnati man says that a group of black teenagers yelled at him and a group of white people “Why are you white people in our neighborhood?” before attacking him, in what police are investigating as a hate crime.

The attacks occurred at the three-day Taste of Cincinnati event last Sunday.

The annual event attracts over half a million visitors to the area. But it also apparently attracted violent groups of young people.

A police report obtained by The Daily Caller classifies attacks on two men, Scottie Hunter and Randy Ulses, as hate crimes.

The report says that Ulses, white, was being punched in the face by a black male and kicked by a group of black males. Hunter, who is also white, was assaulted by a group including black males and black females, according to the report.

The hate crime is classified as “Anti-White” on the report.

Reached by phone, Hunter confirmed that his attackers mentioned race before beating him.

“Why are you white people in our neighborhood? Who do you think you are?” they yelled before the beating, according to Hunter.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:46 PM
5 moms liked this

I am not in the least surprised that you posted this.

Those responsible, they damn well should be held responsible.

To me, regardless of the color of the attackers or those attacked, when a group gangs up on someone and beats them for no reason other than the color of their skin........or any other non reason, they damn well deserve to be held accountable for their actions.

There isn't much in this story but if what is stated is true, it should be classified as a hate crime.

Now, I'm not sure what you want any given person around here to say?*shrug*

jllcali
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Police are investigating. Hopefully the victims gave a detailed enough description to police to identify the attackers.

JustCJ
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Hate crime of any type is deplorable by it's very definition...now if it all were 'hate crime'.

yourspecialkid
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:22 PM

That is sad.  Communities depend on events like this for tourist dollars.

MsDenuninani
by A.Ham on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Weird. 

At a "Taste of Cincinatti" event?  Usually those events happen in tourist-y areas, not an area where a white person would be accused of not belonging. 

Suprising, that's all.

In any event, if the accusation is true, they should be punished, although I do not really believe in hate crimes.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:14 PM

My hubs lives in DT Cinci right outside of stadium row there on the river. This area does abut an ethnic area, where we often shop when I am in town. We were in Miami last weekend so we missed the festivities.

karen2112
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I went to a Type O Negative concert at Bogarts in downtown Cincinnati a few years ago. Not sure if this is close to the area where this happened. I think we were on Vine St. That's the most scared I have ever been! If I ever go back there I sure as hell will not be getting "will call" tickets. Much safer inside at a goth metal concert than outside!

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Quoting karen2112:

I went to a Type O Negative concert at Bogarts in downtown Cincinnati a few years ago. Not sure if this is close to the area where this happened. I think we were on Vine St. That's the most scared I have ever been! If I ever go back there I sure as hell will not be getting "will call" tickets. Much safer inside at a goth metal concert than outside!

My husband works on Vine and lives not too far from that Street. The area is going through gentrification-

karen2112
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I hope it works! That was an eye-opening experience for me. It was the first time I ever felt danger like that, like I needed to get off the street NOW! The friends boyfriend was worried about us going and I thought that was so silly. I sure did figure out why!

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting karen2112:

My husband works on Vine and lives not too far from that Street. The area is going through gentrification-

mamakin616
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:04 AM
CAREFUL WHERE YOU GO FOLKS??? What in the HELL is that supposed to mean?? A "GROUP" or I guess two different "GROUPS" of people commited these crimes..NOT the city itself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)