Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

12-Year-Olds Charged as Adults for Brutal Stabbing of Classmate at Sleepover

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM
  • 50 Replies

12-Year-Olds Charged as Adults for Brutal Stabbing of Classmate at Sleepover

by Jenny Erikson

Eerie WoodsTwo 12-year-old girls are being held on charges of first-degree intentional homicide, after allegedly stabbing another tween multiple times in the limbs and torso.

The victim, who is also 12 years old, is in stable condition in the hospital after sustaining 19 stab wounds, some of which hit vital organs. Although the suspects' names have not been released due to their young age, officials say they will be charged as adults due to the "severity of their crime."

The three girls all went to the same school, and apparently were friends, but I'm guessing only one of them really thought they were all friends, you know, since she ended up getting stabbed. Waukesha Police Chief Russell Jack said, "Based on our investigation, it is believed that the suspects had planned to kill the victim for several months."

The two alleged would-be killers are said to have had "an interest in a website which is a collection of small stories about death and horror." You know, normal pre-teen girl stuff. Or something.

Anyway, here's what police think happened. The three girls had a sleepover on Friday night at one of the suspect's homes. The next morning, the girls told their victim they wanted to "play a game," and lured her into a wooded area on foot.

Chief Jack reported, "Once there, one suspect held the victim down while the other suspect stabbed her 19 times in the arms, legs and torso. Many of the stab wounds struck major organs. But, incredibly and thankfully, the victim survived this brutal assault."

It is not known if the suspects left her for dead, left her to die, or maybe even freaked out and abandoned her before they could finish her off. The victim was somehow able to crawl out of the woods to the road, where a bicyclist found her and called for help. She was rushed into surgery, and thankfully looks like she'll make a full recovery.

The other girls were found within hours and taken into custody, and police have no other suspects at this time. They also found the knife believed to be used in this gruesome crime, but so far no word on any motivation.

It's hard to imagine what they possibly could've been thinking, or what could lead them to attempting to brutally murder their classmate. It jars the senses that we're not talking about some gang-related crime, or a crime of passion between lovers (which are bad enough all on their own), but 12-year-olds, whose biggest problem should be saving up enough allowance for a new outfit from the mall.

Do you think 12-year-olds should ever be charged as adults?

by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lady-J-Rock
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes they should be. They're twelve and planned to kill the girl. It's not like stealing a piece of candy or a shirt from the mall.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Didn't Supernatural do a show about Slenderman? Only they called him Thinman. They even did it as a hoax with just crazy idiots involved.
BrutalTruth
by New Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Yes. They should be.
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes they should be ... this is inexcusable behavior, even if you're only 12.
idunno1234
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this

They aren't adults, not even approaching adulthood so this stupid idea of charging children as adults is ludicrous.

Their lives have already been irreparably altered and they will have to live with doing what they did and everyone knowing what they did for the rest of their lives.

I am beyond horrified at this and having a child this age myself (and three others before her), can't fathom it.  I really can't wrap my brain around the fact that these girls planned this with a girl they knew and stabbed her 19 freakin times.  I am so curious as to the thought processes of these kids, what their backgrounds are and all the rest of it.  It is so not normal it is mindblowing. 

This is one of those stories that sticks to me unwanted like glue even as I want to dissect it, try to understand it somehow.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Ok, so here's my thoughts. When I first read they stabbed the girl I was thinking it was the timid little stabs that are painful but don't do a lot of damage. I forgot what they call them but it's when someone isn't really enraged or passionate about what they're doing. When I read they almost stabbed her in the heart - that's different. Its not that easy to stab that deep.
rsmom2511
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Yes-charge them as adults. Middle schoolers are old enough to be psychotic!
Cutenessmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:17 AM

DAM! II think so I think they should of made this national news and I think they should,  get twenty years for this .

lokilover
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting idunno1234:

They aren't adults, not even approaching adulthood so this stupid idea of charging children as adults is ludicrous.

Their lives have already been irreparably altered and they will have to live with doing what they did and everyone knowing what they did for the rest of their lives.

I am beyond horrified at this and having a child this age myself (and three others before her), can't fathom it.  I really can't wrap my brain around the fact that these girls planned this with a girl they knew and stabbed her 19 freakin times.  I am so curious as to the thought processes of these kids, what their backgrounds are and all the rest of it.  It is so not normal it is mindblowing. 

This is one of those stories that sticks to me unwanted like glue even as I want to dissect it, try to understand it somehow.

Its probablly because of your weird views on gender that makes it so unfanthomable to you.

And by the way, its not a new pheonmena for pre-teen girls to murder someone out of some strange shared fantasy. You only have to look at the case that Heavenly Creatures was based off of. 

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:23 AM
there's a lot it crazy floating around this spring.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)