Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama 2008: Bypassing Congress Unconstitutional

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:17 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DSamuels
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Only for repub presidents. SMH

VooDooB
by weird cheese on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:22 PM

jcrew6
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Arrogant Piece of Political Shit. 

VooDooB
by weird cheese on Jun. 8, 2014 at 7:42 AM

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Okay, somebody help me here please. The Hub(rep) is telling me(dem) that Pres is committing all sorts of illegal, almost traitorous acts and that nobody is doing anything about it. True or false?

angelaicky
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this

I didnt like Bush but Im glad I never talked like that.

Quoting jcrew6:

momof31995
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:45 AM
It is true but the Obamaphiles on this site will just excuse it and blame Bush or congress

Quoting dawnie1:

Okay, somebody help me here please. The Hub(rep) is telling me(dem) that Pres is committing all sorts of illegal, almost traitorous acts and that nobody is doing anything about it. True or false?

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I'm just looking for an "unbiased" as possible explanation. I get so much conflicting info, or hear nothing on a subject that the other side is railing about. I am starting to get numb and that is not a place I want to be.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 11:33 AM

It's a grey area.

He circumvented a law that congress passed requiring him to give 30 days notice.  However, when he signed that into law, he added a signing statement that basically says, "This is If this prevents me from doing my job as a commander in chief I'll ignore it because that's unconstitional."  Many presidents have done this.  The constitution says you can't pass a law that keeps a wartime president from doing what he has to.

He also claims that giving congress 30 days notice would have jeaopardized the deal, and now sources are saying the Taliban said they would execute Bergdahl if the world found out before the release.

So, big grey area.  And whether or not you think it's illegal kind of depends on where you sit, politically.

Here's some articles on the legality:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2014/0601/Obama-s-Bowe-Bergdahl-prisoner-swap-Was-it-illegal

http://www.inquisitr.com/1277603/bowe-bergdahl-release-illegal/

Would the Taliban have killed Bergdahl?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/obama-apologies-bergdahl-prisoner-swap-article-1.1818082

Quoting dawnie1:

I'm just looking for an "unbiased" as possible explanation. I get so much conflicting info, or hear nothing on a subject that the other side is railing about. I am starting to get numb and that is not a place I want to be.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jun. 8, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Just like all other politicians. You got 'em!

Quoting jcrew6:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)