Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I fail to see how refusing service to those who you feel are in sin is showing the love of Christ

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 2:15 PM
  • 109 Replies
6 moms liked this

Can you explain it to me?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 2:21 PM
3 moms liked this

WWJD really means "Who Would Jesus Deny". 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 2:33 PM
4 moms liked this

What I have asked repeatedly and never gotten an answer to is the disingenuous application of what sin you should not partake in. If a person is really sincere in not partaking of a sin by providing a service, should "you" be interviewing your clients to be sure they are not adulterers, divorced, celebrating their child's birthday who was born out of wedlock, couples who have had premarital sex, etc? Just because one sin may be obvious and another not doesn't the less obvious sin any less sinful. 

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jun. 7, 2014 at 2:39 PM
9 moms liked this

Better yet, explain how you could have any customers, if you were avoiding serving sinners?

Or do only certain sins count?

Is that hypocrisy? 

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 2:43 PM
6 moms liked this

You think they'd be more inclined to lead people to Christ by example by showing love and brotherhood and all that rather than acting like assholes, which is guaranteed to drive all but those who are equally assholes away. 

survivorinohio
by René on Jun. 7, 2014 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lizzielouaf:

What I have asked repeatedly and never gotten an answer to is the disingenuous application of what sin you should not partake in. If a person is really sincere in not partaking of a sin by providing a service, should "you" be interviewing your clients to be sure they are not adulterers, divorced, celebrating their child's birthday who was born out of wedlock, couples who have had premarital sex, etc? Just because one sin may be obvious and another not doesn't the less obvious sin any less sinful. 

I think "they" feel as if they are enabling sin by serving sinners.  I do not see it that way, I think they are providing room for resentment and inspiring further rebellion.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Well then "they" better start instituting a better plan of identifying all sins because right now they're being hypocrites.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I think "they" feel as if they are enabling sin by serving sinners.  I do not see it that way, I think they are providing room for resentmant and inspiring further rebellion.

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:12 PM
2 moms liked this

It would depend on your awareness of the service having a direct impact on the sin.  Example if you sell guns and you knowingly sell a gun to a person who is going to use the gun to robe a bank, then you would be participating in sin.  

Now if the service has no direct impact to your knowledge on sin then the service should be provided.  Example a homosexual couple need a loan from a bank.  All people need money for daily living and your providing this service would not be in direct impact of any knowable sin.  

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I know I am going to get smacked, but here is my explanation:

it is not about the sinner, it is about the sin.  If you know someone is beating his children, do you give them a new belt because the old one is worn out?  No, because that would make you a participant in the beating.  The baker feels that by providing goods to the couple in question, he is taking part in an act that IN HIS HEART is sinful.   

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Their hatred really has nothing to do with Jesus lol  - well it may if  you believe what I witnessed on a street corning yesterday about the white Jesus being the devil lol - it was an interesting albeit really weird display.

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:25 PM

A$$holes come in all denominations and atheist also.

Quoting jessilin0113:

You think they'd be more inclined to lead people to Christ by example by showing love and brotherhood and all that rather than acting like assholes, which is guaranteed to drive all but those who are equally assholes away. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN