Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

My Daughter

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:07 AM
  • 82 Replies
I am putting the out there, hoping for some guidance from the wonderful women on here.

My 13 year old daughter was sexually attacked by a 12 year old boy two weeks ago.
The case is still under investigation and because he is 12 years old, they can't go and arrest him, his mom is being not being helpful, and not letting the kid talk to the detectives.
Meanwhile the kid is still roaming the streets, and my daughter feels like a prisoner in her own house.
She is terrified. I have never seen her like this. She saw him on the street, and started screaming there he is, hurry mom, drive faster. My heart is breaking right now. I wasn't home to protect her, and now I can't protect her while I am at work. I have her in counseling, but she seems to be spiraling out of control. She is angry with me, yells at me and everything. I keep saying it's the age, but it is worse since after the attack.

I don't know what to do. I have missed work again, because I am taking care of her. If anyone has any advice please give it to me.
I need to know what else to do.

by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4music
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand this at all. What did or didn't he do that the authorities can't do anything unless his mommy says so?  I'm sorry, i know the question is upsetting and you may not want to put it out there, but this doesn't make sense to me.

The only advice i can give you at this point is to refuse to let them sweep this under the rug and call it a "boys will be boys" thing.

billsfan1104
by Jules on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:55 AM
I do not know the laws. The detective explained to me that he has to go through the juvenile system first. Because it is believed that 12 years don't do these type of things.
So the laws are old.
The mom won't bring him in. He was trying to call my daughter(so the fucker is a stalker), and got pissy when I turned him in.
The detective said he will pay for his crime, but because he is 12, they have to be careful.

Quoting 4music:

I don't understand this at all. What did or didn't he do that the authorities can't do anything unless his mommy says so?  I'm sorry, i know the question is upsetting and you may not want to put it out there, but this doesn't make sense to me.

The only advice i can give you at this point is to refuse to let them sweep this under the rug and call it a "boys will be boys" thing.

redheadstar
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Did this happen on school property or in the streets?    

billsfan1104
by Jules on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:03 PM
In my house, while I was at work. He forced his way in.

Quoting redheadstar:

KimmyShaw
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this

where do you live??? You might want to start researching the laws, he should not be terrorizing your DD and if the Cops are dragging their feet its up to you to push them!! I'd be making assult charges and harrassment charges as well.

Quoting billsfan1104: I do not know the laws. The detective explained to me that he has to go through the juvenile system first. Because it is believed that 12 years don't do these type of things. So the laws are old. The mom won't bring him in. He was trying to call my daughter(so the fucker is a stalker), and got pissy when I turned him in. The detective said he will pay for his crime, but because he is 12, they have to be careful.
Quoting 4music:

KimmyShaw
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats also breaking and entry! Why the hell isnt he behind bars, juvenile or not!

Quoting billsfan1104: In my house, while I was at work. He forced his way in.
Quoting redheadstar:

billsfan1104
by Jules on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:07 PM
I don't know. They keep saying he is "12"

Quoting KimmyShaw:

Thats also breaking and entry! Why the hell isnt he behind bars, juvenile or not!

Quoting redheadstar:

numbr1wmn
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this

First of all I am so sorry!!!

I would immediatly talk with a lawyer and find out your rights. This kid should be in protective services till they know what to do with him. Do you have a restraining order out?

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry for your DD.

While the police are putting their case together, can you go after him on breaking in charges or would that muddy the investigation? I'm glad she's in counseling and I think her anger is normal right now. She's entitled to it. Is she enrolled in any type of camp program this summer? Is there anyone who can come over and be with her or anywhere she can go during the days?

Quoting redheadstar:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redheadstar
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes the parents of these culprits are worse than the kids, I went through a situation with a 13 year old neighborhood bully attempting to assault my ds as he was walking from the school bus (  I caught the kid red handed trying to throw a Gaterode bottle at my son)  ever since that day, the bully did nothing but use foul language as he passed by my home, I ignored it the first 2 weeks, thought he would give up!  no siree.. I called his school and showed video tape I got of him, the school recommended I file a Police report ( it helped, thank God)  I hope you get quick results..  

Quoting billsfan1104: I do not know the laws. The detective explained to me that he has to go through the juvenile system first. Because it is believed that 12 years don't do these type of things. So the laws are old. The mom won't bring him in. He was trying to call my daughter(so the fucker is a stalker), and got pissy when I turned him in. The detective said he will pay for his crime, but because he is 12, they have to be careful.
Quoting 4music:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)