Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This is why we need 'Gay Pride'

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:00 PM
  • 263 Replies
18 moms liked this

Of course this was awhile back but it is still illegal in some countries and as same sex marriage becomes more accepted some anti-gay folks are doing their damndest to push gays back into the closet. I'm pretty sure straight people have never been attacked, imprisoned, killed or denied equal rights because they were straight.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Great post!

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 3:59 AM
6 moms liked this

bump

candlegal
by Judy on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:17 AM
14 moms liked this
Many have have been attacked, imprisoned or killed for being Christian. Millions!
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:20 AM
12 moms liked this
All the more reason we should show compassion to our fellow man. Being discriminated against isn't much fun.

Quoting candlegal: Many have have been attacked, imprisoned or killed for being Christian. Millions!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM
4 moms liked this
I do not know anyone on here who thinks homosexuals should be attacked, imprisoned or killed.

Quoting coolmommy2x: All the more reason we should show compassion to our fellow man. Being discriminated against isn't much fun.

Quoting candlegal: Many have have been attacked, imprisoned or killed for being Christian. Millions!
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:36 AM
5 moms liked this
I never said or implied that. The OP stated why we need gay pride, you added that Christians have also been persecuted and I added that's why we need to treat each other better because no one likes to be discriminated against. I was essentially agreeing with you.

Quoting candlegal: I do not know anyone on here who thinks homosexuals should be attacked, imprisoned or killed.

Quoting coolmommy2x: All the more reason we should show compassion to our fellow man. Being discriminated against isn't much fun.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
:)

Quoting coolmommy2x: I never said or implied that. The OP stated why we need gay pride, you added that Christians have also been persecuted and I added that's why we need to treat each other better because no one likes to be discriminated against. I was essentially agreeing with you.

Quoting candlegal: I do not know anyone on here who thinks homosexuals should be attacked, imprisoned or killed.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Are you implying there are those on here that would like to see Christians attacked, imprisoned, or killed?

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:41 AM
14 moms liked this

I don't know anyone who thinks Christians should be attacked, imprisoned or killed.

Christians, however, are the majority in this country.  We are not persecuted in this country.  We have all our rights, and nobody is trying to take them away or prevent us from having them.

These things cannot be said for LGBT in America, and that is very sad.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:46 AM
17 moms liked this
People of all religions have been attacked, imprisoned or killed for their beliefs. How is that in any way a relevant response to the OP? She said straight people have not been persecuted for being ... wait for it ... here is the part you apparently missed ... STRAIGHT. I can not fathom how in the world your brain manaed to twist that into a denial that Christians have ever been persecuted for their faith. Unless that was just an attmept to deflect a subject you can not handle discussing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN