Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

So, Bill and Hillary were "DEAD BROKE" when they left the White House?

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 4:55 PM
  • 99 Replies

Hillary Clinton: "We Came Out Of The White House Dead Broke"

DIANE SAWYER, ABC NEWS: It has been reported you've made $5 million making speeches, the president's made more than $100 million. 

HILLARY CLINTON: Well, if you -- you have no reason to remember, but we came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt. We had no money when we got there and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea's education, you know, it was not easy. Bill has worked really hard and it's been amazing to me. He's worked very hard, first of all, we had to pay off all our debts which was, you know, we had to make double the money because of obviously taxes, and pay you have at debts, and get us houses and take care of family members. 

SAWYER: But do you think Americans will understand five times the median income in this country for one speech? 

CLINTON: Well, let me put it this way, I thought making speeches for money was a much better thing than getting connected with any one group or company as so many people who leave public life do.

Are you surprised to hear today she is back peddling?  When will she stop lying? 

by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcrew6
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/06/09/hillary_clinton_we_came_out_of_the_white_house_dead_broke.html

friendlymom5
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Waaa waaa
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jun. 10, 2014 at 4:57 PM
6 moms liked this

I don't know I think being $12 million in debt is pretty broke.  

I think it's all about personal perspective.  

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM
10 moms liked this

So they lived essentially rent-free in public housing (governor mansion and WH) for about 20 years and they came out broke? Really? And some want to trust her with the gov't? Not me.

jcrew6
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Wait, they were 12 mil in debt and bought a home?  Yeah. Perspective...  Lol. If this article is true... It doesn't add up

Clinton’s claims have raised some eyebrows considering that she reportedly received an $8 million advance for her memoir “Living History” just before she left the White House and a 1999 tax return shows her husband made $416,039 in one of his last years as president. The Clintons also reportedly bought two homes, one in Washington, D.C., and one in Chappaqua, New York, according to Time.

An NPR report suggests the power couple made $109 million from 2000 to 2007 due mostly to speaking engagements and book deals, NPR reported. Bill Clinton has reportedly earned $106 million on his own from speaking fees since he left the White House, according to a CNN report.

Further, Hillary Clinton has reportedly earned $5 million in the last 15 months. She is believed tocharge $200,000 for every speaking appearance.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/09/hillary-clinton-claims-she-and-bill-clinton-were-dead-broke-when-they-left-the-white-house-see-some-of-the-numbers-for-yourself/

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

I don't know I think being $12 million in debt is pretty broke.  

I think it's all about personal perspective.  

jcrew6
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 5:03 PM
3 moms liked this

Liberal-nomics.  

Quoting DSamuels:

So they lived essentially rent-free in public housing (governor mansion and WH) for about 20 years and they came out broke? Really? And some want to trust her with the gov't? Not me.

billsfan1104
by Jules on Jun. 10, 2014 at 5:10 PM
3 moms liked this
I call bulshit on this. I don't doubt that they were in debt, but if they were that in debt, how did they get a 10 million dollar mortgage??
I can't get a car loan, because of my 50k in medical debt I have.
jcrew6
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Not too mention, didn't Bill buy up prop in the Bronx? 

Quoting billsfan1104: I call bulshit on this. I don't doubt that they were in debt, but if they were that in debt, how did they get a 10 million dollar mortgage?? I can't get a car loan, because of my 50k in medical debt I have.

Miller0305
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Bill spent too much money on hookers.
mikesmom65270
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 5:19 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm guessing that her definition of  "dead broke" is a lot different from mine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)