Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

psh mila kunis: with update to research

Posted by   + Show Post
http://m.toofab.com/article_head.ftl?id=http://www.toofab.com/2014/06/11/mila-kunis-warns-future-fathers-jimmy-kimmel-live/

Have you guys seen this? And what do you think? I don't agree with her. And it irks me..

UPDATE: yes! I know it's a joke, I'm familiar with comedy and have to say I don't think she nailed it. Or better, that the writers didn't nail it.

And this has been great reading and learning. My personal conclusion is that some men experience pregnancy. No! He doesn't carry a baby, obviously. It takes a toll on men and women at varying degrees. What I'm interested in now is how do same sex couples with children feel? Would you or your partner say "we're pregnant?" My hypothesis is women partners might experience more pregnancy symptoms physically and emotionally or hormonal. What do you think?
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Replies (111-117):
PaganGoddess78
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothihng to be sorry about sweetie. I don't have a reason to troll on you. As for your spelling, don't fret. I'm not perfect in my spelling either.

Quoting k_dinapoli: Haha sorry, I just couldn't believe the great comment I was seeing...I thought maybe just maybe you were trolling me. And wow I spelt babies 'babys'.. rough
Quoting PaganGoddess78:

My trollness or Mila's? And what do you mean by "trollness"?

Quoting k_dinapoli: 👏 isn't it though. I can relate to this just by the sexism but also because I know my DH went through extremities through both our pregnancies. I experienced differences in both and he did too. I doubt your trollness, no offense ...but you never know because obviously I've just learned men don't birth babys!
Quoting PaganGoddess78:

That's actually rude and disrespectful towards fathers to be. When a man says "we're pregnant" he's sharing the excitement and joy of becoming a parent with his wife or girlfriend. So what if they don't go through all the changes and extra emotions that women do, THEY'RE GOING TO BE PROUD FATHERS!!!! It's NOT all about the woman whose pregnant, it's about the dad too. Shame on you Mila Kunis for having a sexist soap box rant.

bad

Peaceful.chaos
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I thought it was pretty funny. I hate hearing a man say "we're pregnant". It sounds emasculating to me. I prefer "we're having a baby".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skrbelly
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Is anyone's life or world view or marriage and pregnancy changed by what mila kunis says? I thinkif something that a celebrity does or says pushes your buttons to the degree that you "hate" and feel like you have to run around explaining why you disagree to mostly uninterested people, you need to get out of the house more. Who gives a shit?
k_dinapoli
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 6:49 PM
You're right, anger was something I didn't need to feel. That was extreme. I was merely offended or taken back. 'Hate' is a bit much, agreed, for anyone celebrity or not. I argued my point with "the mostly uninterested people" to say hey that's not fair...and... I don't like her comedy-less mean rant...but I won't bother you with the run around.

I'm a student of psychology and the discussion, however trivial, spawned some fun ideas. And I read great views from a few nice ladies.

You know, I've been dying to try out our double stroller with my 3yo and 3 month old. The sidewalks around our apartment aren't ideal. So I'm thinking our favorite park will be lovely.

I gives a shit about lots of things.

Quoting skrbelly: Is anyone's life or world view or marriage and pregnancy changed by what mila kunis says? I thinkif something that a celebrity does or says pushes your buttons to the degree that you "hate" and feel like you have to run around explaining why you disagree to mostly uninterested people, you need to get out of the house more. Who gives a shit?
skrbelly
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I am sure that you give a shit about a lot of things, but none of them should be anything Mila Kunis says

Quoting k_dinapoli: You're right, anger was something I didn't need to feel. That was extreme. I was merely offended or taken back. 'Hate' is a bit much, agreed, for anyone celebrity or not. I argued my point with "the mostly uninterested people" to say hey that's not fair...and... I don't like her comedy-less mean rant...but I won't bother you with the run around.

I'm a student of psychology and the discussion, however trivial, spawned some fun ideas. And I read great views from a few nice ladies.

You know, I've been dying to try out our double stroller with my 3yo and 3 month old. The sidewalks around our apartment aren't ideal. So I'm thinking our favorite park will be lovely.

I gives a shit about lots of things.

Quoting skrbelly: Is anyone's life or world view or marriage and pregnancy changed by what mila kunis says? I thinkif something that a celebrity does or says pushes your buttons to the degree that you "hate" and feel like you have to run around explaining why you disagree to mostly uninterested people, you need to get out of the house more. Who gives a shit?
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Laughing at the thought of a woman announcing to her friends or family:  "We had a vasectomy!"

Quoting canadianmom1974: I sort of agree. 'We' are not pregnant. She is, I was, the father has never been pregnant. We may be expecting, but we were not both pregnant. What is so wrong about saying 'my wife/partner is pregnant, we are expecting a baby'? We didn't have morning sickness all day long, we didn't get stretch marks, we weren't up several times a night peeing, we didn't feel contractions, we didn't push a tiny human out of our genitals, we didn't have another tiny human cut out of our abdomen. I did that. I'm not downplaying the important role my husband played in my pregnancies, what a rock, what an anchor, what a bastion of support he was during pregnancy, labour, delivery, recovery, and his huge role as dad. But nor will I inflate his role, and not would he want me to. 'We' were no more pregnant than 'we' had a vasectomy.

drinkme8184
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Does that get a shower or party of some sort?

Quoting TranquilMind:

Laughing at the thought of a woman announcing to her friends or family:  "We had a vasectomy!"

Quoting canadianmom1974: I sort of agree. 'We' are not pregnant. She is, I was, the father has never been pregnant. We may be expecting, but we were not both pregnant. What is so wrong about saying 'my wife/partner is pregnant, we are expecting a baby'? We didn't have morning sickness all day long, we didn't get stretch marks, we weren't up several times a night peeing, we didn't feel contractions, we didn't push a tiny human out of our genitals, we didn't have another tiny human cut out of our abdomen. I did that. I'm not downplaying the important role my husband played in my pregnancies, what a rock, what an anchor, what a bastion of support he was during pregnancy, labour, delivery, recovery, and his huge role as dad. But nor will I inflate his role, and not would he want me to. 'We' were no more pregnant than 'we' had a vasectomy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)