Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Teen Violence: Racial Assaults a National Problem

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:32 AM
  • 57 Replies

http://www.local12.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/teen-violence-racial-assaults-national-problem-12868.shtml

Well, well well...look what the MSM finally wants to "talk about".

Imagine that.

Updated: Thursday, June 12 2014, 10:34 AM EDT CINCINNATI (Deb Dixon) -- Teen mobs at city events is not a Cincinnati thing, and it's been going on for years. Evidence of teen violence goes back to the Wisconsin State Fair in 2011, Philly, Chicago and spring 2014 in Louisville.

They all have in common the attacks are by black, teenaged boys and girls. And most of the victims are white.

The race factor is not something officials like to talk about. One UC criminology professor says that silence could be deadly. To some who called 911, the race factor was obvious. 11 victims filed reports saying they were kicked, punched or stomped by a group of black teenagers or young adults, boys and girls. Ten of the victims were white, one was Asian. Two reported racial slurs. Noelle Findlay was so certain the assault was racially motivated; the police report says hate crime.

At 12th and Clay, Noelle says about 15 teenagers stepped in front of the car her husband was driving, "Everyone swarmed the car; I was like, 'Go, go, go, get us out of here.'" Noelle's husband, Chad Findley, told Local 12 News, "I had my window down four or five inches, he punched me in the left side of the face, someone else was on my wife's side." He said, "They were laughing the whole time having a great time" Noelle Findley used to live in Over-The-Rhine. Her job was about helping mostly young black men find careers. She filed the police report as a hate crime because she believes there was no other motive. "I feel like it needs to be addressed, people need to speak out say something not sweep it under the rug," Noelle said.

Dr. John Wright, a criminal justice professor at UC, said, "I think it is racist behavior, racist behavior when you target a group based on their race, sexual orientation, it's the very nature of a hate crime." Dr. Wright has tracked what he considers mob behavior across the country over the last five years.

Most recently in Louisville a mob of teenagers terrorized downtown. They looted a store, vandalized cars and assaulted passersby. Most of the victims were white. Louisville officials say there is no evidence crimes were racially motivated. "We are unwilling to speak about race when it comes to crime because it is a sensitive matter," said Wright. "Allegations of racism ruins careers, ruin lives. The media remains silent or targets the people who bring up the issue." Cincinnati police and city leaders publicly condemn the violence. Law and public safety committee chairman, Chris Smitherman, said those responsible will be held accountable. In a statement to the Southern Poverty Law Center, a civil rights organization, Mayor John Cranley said nothing justifies, "hate speech or racial prejudice." Pastor Peterson Mingo of Evanston said, "Not too many ways to explain that behavior, have to condemn it, can't be tolerated." Pastor Peterson Mingo's community programs help young people become responsible, productive, respectful adults. Programs include "The Bulldogs," Evanston's football team, Boy Scout troop and a summer lawn care business.

Sociologists weighing in suggest high unemployment and resentment fueled by segregation are possible causes. Mingo says there is something else, "There is a thing about loyalty. You with me or you ain't. If you with me I'm getting ready to knock dude up side head lets go. It's not where you can say I'm not going to. You're either with me or you're not." Everyone agrees prosecuting those responsible will send a powerful message. Dr. Wright says there is more to do; it's simple, talk about it. Link to more of Dr. Wright's interview Follow Deborah Dixon on Twitter @crimestopperdeb and LIKE her on Facebook

by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GLWerth
by Gina on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:37 AM
6 moms liked this

Yes. All black people are violent thugs. Violence is never,ever used against them by people of other races. The black community is the whole problem, every single person who is black is to blame for all of society's problems.

There, I've given you the response you are looking for. Can we move on now? I really don't want to have to spend my day paging past twenty 'black people are evil' posts today.

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Only two posts so far... someone must not be very far into the box of wine yet.  

Quoting GLWerth:

Yes. All black people are violent thugs. Violence is never,ever used against them by people of other races. The black community is the whole problem, every single person who is black is to blame for all of society's problems.

There, I've given you the response you are looking for. Can we move on now? I really don't want to have to spend my day paging past twenty 'black people are evil' posts today.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM

This guy almost murdered a woman because she looked happy

Chicago man attacked mother walking with daughter because she looked happy: prosecutor

Jessie White, 25, allegedly attacked the woman with a knife while repeatedly telling her, ‘I’m going to kill you.’ The woman’s 8-year-old daughter ran and got help, possibly saving the woman’s life.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 9:52 PM
  • A
  • A
  • A

Share this URL
Jessie White, 25, is accused of attacking a mother and her 8-year-old daughter in front of a Chicago church Tuesday because the woman appeared happy. Cook County Sheriff's Office Jessie White, 25, is accused of attacking a mother and her 8-year-old daughter in front of a Chicago church Tuesday because the woman appeared happy.

and not a post from YOU Dar??
 now onto your bullsh*t post

there is a list of 11 "attacks". Not all white and only 2 said there were racial slurs..

So how do you determine that 9 incidents are racially motivated when no racial slurs or threats were present?

How do you know they didn't get attacked for "looking happy"? or maybe for not smiling at some crazed whore in a bowling alley?

Please, explain how you decided these crimes are race related

Quote:

The race factor is not something officials like to talk about. One UC criminology professor says that silence could be deadly. To some who called 911, the race factor was obvious. 11 victims filed reports saying they were kicked, punched or stomped by a group of black teenagers or young adults, boys and girls. Ten of the victims were white, one was Asian. Two reported racial slurs. Noelle Findlay was so certain the assault was racially motivated; the police report says hate crime.

DaisyRae
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont think that is the reason she posted this, however I don't interact with her or this group often so I could be wrong. But I think the point is that we, as a nation, focus on the hate crimes when it is a white person attacking a black person, but when that role is reversed, we walk on egg shells and tend not to call it a hate crime because like the article says: "We are unwilling to speak about race when it comes to crime because it is a sensitive matter," said Wright. "Allegations of racism ruins careers, ruin lives." 

It is an issue that needs to be addressed, but that doesn't mean every black person is a racist waiting to attack a "poor innocent white person", and not every white person is a racist waiting to attack a "poor innocent black person"....there is guilt on all sides of this problem

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

What?

Looks like not only *I* suspect these attacks were in part racially motivated.

What is wrong with you that you cannot acknowledge a serious problem among African American youth?

Please stop trying to paint my posts as anything other than what they are, CURRENT EVENTS and a HOT TOPIC.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

This guy almost murdered a woman because she looked happy

Chicago man attacked mother walking with daughter because she looked happy: prosecutor

Jessie White, 25, allegedly attacked the woman with a knife while repeatedly telling her, ‘I’m going to kill you.’ The woman’s 8-year-old daughter ran and got help, possibly saving the woman’s life.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 9:52 PM
  • A
  • A
  • A

Share this URL
Jessie White, 25, is accused of attacking a mother and her 8-year-old daughter in front of a Chicago church Tuesday because the woman appeared happy. Cook County Sheriff's Office Jessie White, 25, is accused of attacking a mother and her 8-year-old daughter in front of a Chicago church Tuesday because the woman appeared happy.

and not a post from YOU Dar??
 now onto your bullsh*t post

there is a list of 11 "attacks". Not all white and only 2 said there were racial slurs..

So how do you determine that 9 incidents are racially motivated when no racial slurs or threats were present?

How do you know they didn't get attacked for "looking happy"? or maybe for not smiling at some crazed whore in a bowling alley?

Please, explain how you decided these crimes are race related

Quote:The race factor is not something officials like to talk about. One UC criminology professor says that silence could be deadly. To some who called 911, the race factor was obvious. 11 victims filed reports saying they were kicked, punched or stomped by a group of black teenagers or young adults, boys and girls. Ten of the victims were white, one was Asian. Two reported racial slurs. Noelle Findlay was so certain the assault was racially motivated; the police report says hate crime.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:20 AM

The defense mechanisms that present when someone posts about black on white crimes is just fascinating among some of you ladies.

If these were stories about white kids cold cocking a ten year old black girl on her scooter and calling her the n-word...and groups of 10-20 bored white kids running around attacking black citizens...your responses, your feelings would be so different. Why is that?

Why is not OK to care about white victims of racial violence and attacks?

Rhetorical...you can think about it silently. I am much more interested in why there is such an ugly disregard for the life of someone white within some sectors of African American youth. 

Quoting momtoscott:

Only two posts so far... someone must not be very far into the box of wine yet.  

Quoting GLWerth:

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I have never said "all black people are thugs" and I have never said "all black people are evil".

These are phrases you and S&K's like to throw around because addressing the actual post topic is, for whatever reason, too painful for you.

Where do you think the disregard for a white person's life comes from among these "bored" youth?

Quoting GLWerth:

MelanieJK
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:30 AM

This statement is hilarious .... "We are unwilling to speak about race when it comes to crime because it is a sensitive matter," said Wright. "Allegations of racism ruins careers, ruin lives".   Every talking head and web user in the country was speaking about race within hours of the Zimmerman story.     And someone forgot to tell the democrats this.    Imagine how quiet it would be if they stopped turning cartwheels to spin the race card for every issue   .    Reid spouts  it from his bully pulpit!

GLWerth
by Gina on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I think a disregard for life isn't limited to black youth. The common denominator in it tends to be poverty.

But, it doesn't matter what I say, you will go to your default position of "thugs" are the only problem (and oddly, they're all black) and white people are perfect paragons of goodness who never, ever act "thuggish".

Look back at your posts, if you are honest with yourself you will see the pattern.

But wait, you have a black friend right? He or she is "one of the good ones" and "hates the black community and it's thug mentality".

Maybe we need to work on larger societal problems, like poverty and lack of decent jobs. 

Quoting Radarma:

I have never said "all black people are thugs" and I have never said "all black people are evil".

These are phrases you and S&K's like to throw around because addressing the actual post topic is, for whatever reason, too painful for you.

Where do you think the disregard for a white person's life comes from among these "bored" youth?

Quoting GLWerth:

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Only thing painful is your posting the same things OVER AND OVER.

Why did you delete that last make black people look bad post last week?

The one with your tag line WATCH WHERE YOU GO?

and then you posted two today

Same theme

and you were booted and banned from another Mommy site for racially attacking another Mom

and you were booted for racial attacks in a group on CM

and the MAJORITY of your posts are you trying to evoke fear of black people

let's see how long before you delete this one as that's your new game so people can't search your previous racist posts

as for the OP. you listed 11 attacks, only two of which expressed any racial utterance...so two attacks mean racial assaults are a national problem?

In fact, you are 85% more likely to be attacked by a white man Dar than a black one...

and almost as much % more likely to be raped by a white perp than a black one.

the majority of hate crimes are against racial minorities (blacks, latinos etc) - why don't you think THAT is a national problem?

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting GLWerth:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)