Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bronies----what ever floats your boat

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:10 AM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronies:_The_Extremely_Unexpected_Adult_Fans_of_My_Little_Pony

I found this on Netflix and was intrigued. I actually cried when the little boy had his father come.
At first I thought this was about a sexual thing and it was fake, but it's real.
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
survivorinohio
by René on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I dont understand it but to each his//her own *shrug*

billsfan1104
by Jules on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Stupid me watched the documentary.
They really got Ito it and really knew the songs!!

Quoting survivorinohio:

I dont understand it but to each his//her own *shrug*

angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My ds loves my little pony. He has some of the toys, a shirt, a wallet and some other things. He told me he wants a my little pony birthday party too. He's almost 7 but I don't see the big deal if he's a grown up and still likes it.

I have to check this out now.
billsfan1104
by Jules on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:50 AM
It was a very interesting documentary. I never knew about this, until I saw it.
I bet it will get bigger by te time he is older. They had a dance party, and I was saying that it would be fun!!

Quoting angelachristine: My ds loves my little pony. He has some of the toys, a shirt, a wallet and some other things. He told me he wants a my little pony birthday party too. He's almost 7 but I don't see the big deal if he's a grown up and still likes it.

I have to check this out now.
atlmom2
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:55 AM

They are weird.  My dd's boyfriends roommate in the marines is one.  He has my little pony all over the room.  That is very strange at 20 years old.  He isn't the only one at that base like that. 

caito
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:25 AM

My first boyfriend/love is a total brony. I feel like I dodged a bullet. Not just because of the brony thing, but damn. (The guy is 29.)

jllcali
by Jane on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:02 AM
To each their own
purpleducky
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:08 PM

My Little Pony is on my TV right now and the party we had on Wednesday was a mash up of MLP and Godzilla.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I've known about the Bronys for a few years now. I think its fine....no biggie. They sell the T-shirts in the mens section at Target. LOL. I almost bought DH one because he collects funny t-shirts. His favorite is a vintage Scooby Doo. 

Quoting billsfan1104: It was a very interesting documentary. I never knew about this, until I saw it. I bet it will get bigger by te time he is older. They had a dance party, and I was saying that it would be fun!!
Quoting angelachristine: My ds loves my little pony. He has some of the toys, a shirt, a wallet and some other things. He told me he wants a my little pony birthday party too. He's almost 7 but I don't see the big deal if he's a grown up and still likes it. I have to check this out now.

malibucj
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Some of them can take it to extremes.  But I don't see the difference in adults going crazy over this and other shows from childhood. My ex husband is kind of like that with the Ninja Turtles. You like what you like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)