Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

antisemitism on the rise in Europe and the U.S. - thank you to all that responded

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:22 AM
  • 33 Replies

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?  I would just like to see people's ideas on this because I don't understand it at all - I don't know how to make it clicky but here is a post I found: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/27/antisemitism-growing-euro_n_5221747.html

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linus77
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this

More than likely, it's because of the palestinian propaganda.  Since muslims are all over the place in other countries besides their own, they are more than likely spreading their...severe dislike of Israelites...such as chasing Israeli boys down the streets with a hatchet.  And since most people are afraid of offending muslims, they side with them and against the perceived weaker people.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:45 AM

bump

TappyToes
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting blueforewolf:

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?  I would just like to see people's ideas on this because I don't understand it at all

Is it anti-semitism OR anti-zionism ?

Aslen
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

laughingrolling on floor

Quoting Linus77:

More than likely, it's because of the palestinian propaganda.  Since muslims are all over the place in other countries besides their own, they are more than likely spreading their...severe dislike of Israelites...such as chasing Israeli boys down the streets with a hatchet.  And since most people are afraid of offending muslims, they side with them and against the perceived weaker people.

Elkamelka
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:17 AM

As a Jew, I don't think it's on the rise...I think it's the same level as it has always been.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:36 PM

So you just hate muslims instead? Really that is your answer?

do you know what the answer is. It is a lack of tolerance amongst the right wing fascists.

Quoting Linus77:

PerseyG
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Hate groups are on the rise, period. A black man got elected president and half the country done lost their minds.

Israel, infact, has very little to do with anti-semitism in the US. Just the good ol boys dusting off their white bedsheets
Rhodin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:11 PM
There was a thread posted yesterday about how economic downturns make people more racist. I'm sure the racism isn't just about blacks and whites.

http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/99198/forums/read/20019318/Study_Hard_Times_Can_Make_People_More_Racist
FlowerGirl777
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I didn't know anti-Semitism was on the rise, but generally, as people get poorer, and there is not much opportunity, they start hating on people. Could be at anyone - except of course the one percenters. They are the "job creators."

KenneMaw
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 4:58 PM

I personally haven't seen anti-Semitism on the rise in and around Atlanta.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN