Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Uh-oh...guess who's back?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:55 AM
  • 45 Replies

Uh-Oh! The 'Teletubbies' Are Making A Psychedelic Comeback

Posted: Updated: 
Print Article
TELETUBBIES

Say hello to the new and improved "Teletubbies."

The show that gave more than a few of us nightmares in our youth is coming back to television after 13 years off the air. That's right, Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Po are back and they're as psychedelically creepy as ever. For anyone who didn't have the privilege of growing up in the '90s, "Teletubbies" was an educational children's show that featured four cuddly-cute alien friends with TV screens implanted in their bellies. While the show was originally intended for children ages 1 to 4 -- the Teletubbies were meant to resemble toddlers with their unintelligible babbling and playful habits -- it gained a cult following with older generations and garnered a bit of controversy thanks to conspiracy theorists with their demonic cult accusations.

Now, the BBC-owned CBeebies Channel is bringing the vibrant foursome back to life with 60 new episodes of the show. The network is hoping to capitalize on the franchise's continued popularity by making it available to an entirely new generation of children (and modernizing it with some special CGI effects).

Here's hoping they can do something to fix how completely disturbing that sun with the smiling baby's face on it is.

by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Yikes...

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:59 AM

I loved the teletubbies.  It was bizarre

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
HELL YEAH!

I know I'm probably alone in this, but I LOVED the Teletubbies when I was a kid. My sisters and I used to argue over our Teletubbies dolls, and which Teletubbie we were playing.

Now my girls get to do the same. Lol
meriana
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Never watched them, kids didn't like them. They watched shows like Blues Clues, Gullah Gullah Island, Dora, Franklin. The girl kid liked PowerPuff girls now and again but their over-all favorite was Power Rangers

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:27 AM
I had one. When you squished it's belly it talked. Kept it around until the boys grew out of it. I was silly in college. LOL
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this

They are way better than the BOOHBAH'S! My god them things gave me nightmares

ZakkarysMom
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:42 AM
They are creepy!!
numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:43 AM

oye

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:43 AM

I have one of those dolls in my shed.  My youngest wanted one.  It is disturbing.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

They are way better than the BOOHBAH'S! My god them things gave me nightmares

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)