Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why people think naked men are gross?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM
  • 123 Replies

I just read an interesting article that I thought you guys would enjoy. I had never really given it much thought, but I always found it odd that so many people would say things like "Seeing that dude's butt scarred me for life". As a teenager I recall my friends expressing concern over ever having to see a man naked, saying their genitals were gross, meanwhile I just felt curious and not at all disgusted.

I don't think naked dudes are gross, I actually enjoy them. But apparently lots of people find male nudity to be upsetting. I've heard the same thing about naked men on television. That audiences can handle a naked woman, but not a naked man, and that showing penises, especially erect penises is considered too "hostile".

So, why is there so much body hatred for men?

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
finnbar
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this
It hasn't always been this way. Clearly, the ancient Greeks appreciated and publicly admired the nude male!
redzinger
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:17 AM
3 moms liked this

I hold no hostility for an image of a naked man. Bring it.

AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Interesting that times have changed so much. And confusing. Why are men who appear semi-nude or nude ridiculed and met with hostility and disgust but semi-nude women are not, especially considering the disdain for women in general?

Quoting finnbar: It hasn't always been this way. Clearly, the ancient Greeks appreciated and publicly admired the nude male!

dotsicle
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM
2 moms liked this

I like nude male bodies just fine. However, I don't like to see buttcracks on husky bent-over men.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM
I love naked men lol.
SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:24 AM

naked men , Naked woman its all the same too me.. Granted I admire the naked male more but there is beauty in all things if your only open minded enough to look for it.. Of course that just my humble personal opinion talking and not my many folders of nearly naked and naked men talking

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Maybe it's part of the obesity thing?  I hate the sight of fat men without clothes.

My husband is very physically fit...competitive weight lifter...so I like that look.

I am now a photog, and have had opportunity to photograph nude women. They are comfy, I am comfy, and the pics are very artistic when finished. I asked my old photog teacher to hire a male willing to go mostly nude. He got a gay boy. Nope....didn't look good to me.

finnbar
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Just a bunch of women loving man haters I guess.....

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

Interesting that times have changed so much. And confusing. Why are men who appear semi-nude or nude ridiculed and met with hostility and disgust but semi-nude women are not, especially considering the disdain for women in general?

Quoting finnbar: It hasn't always been this way. Clearly, the ancient Greeks appreciated and publicly admired the nude male!

Seracake
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:28 AM

What about "the gay boy" he got was unappealing for photographs?

Quoting EireLass:

Maybe it's part of the obesity thing?  I hate the sight of fat men without clothes.

My husband is very physically fit...competitive weight lifter...so I like that look.

I am now a photog, and have had opportunity to photograph nude women. They are comfy, I am comfy, and the pics are very artistic when finished. I asked my old photog teacher to hire a male willing to go mostly nude. He got a gay boy. Nope....didn't look good to me.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Skinny, hairless, femme looking.....also had the 'young boy' look going on.  

Quoting Seracake:

What about "the gay boy" he got was unappealing for photographs?

Quoting EireLass:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN