Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why people think naked men are gross?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just read an interesting article that I thought you guys would enjoy. I had never really given it much thought, but I always found it odd that so many people would say things like "Seeing that dude's butt scarred me for life". As a teenager I recall my friends expressing concern over ever having to see a man naked, saying their genitals were gross, meanwhile I just felt curious and not at all disgusted.

I don't think naked dudes are gross, I actually enjoy them. But apparently lots of people find male nudity to be upsetting. I've heard the same thing about naked men on television. That audiences can handle a naked woman, but not a naked man, and that showing penises, especially erect penises is considered too "hostile".

So, why is there so much body hatred for men?

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
jllcali
by Jane on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think naked men are gross. I do think fully naked women present as more aesthetically pleasing in general, although I am not attracted to women. And I enjoy a nice naked male.

It also depends on how the penis is presented. Sometimes it just doesn't add to the picture to see a penis.

Another thing is, it is more common to have been exposed to a naked (or flashing) male against one's will than a naked female. As a kid, I was flashed by men I really didn't want to see naked. I can see how that could traumatize some kids and lead to an adult woman feeling uncomfortable seeing a naked man when she wasn't planning to.
jllcali
by Jane on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
You have excellent nearly naked man photos.

Quoting SilverSterling:

naked men , Naked woman its all the same too me.. Granted I admire the naked male more but there is beauty in all things if your only open minded enough to look for it.. Of course that just my humble personal opinion talking and not my many folders of nearly naked and naked men talking

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:38 AM

something like that happened to me in my early Tweens.. I just pointed at laughed at them... Honestly I was not a normal child... Might explain why I am not a normal adult too.. Just your part about flashing made me think of the couple of times men tried to flash me. They really didn't like being pointed or giggled at.. *shrugs*

Quoting jllcali: I don't think naked men are gross. I do think fully naked women present as more aesthetically pleasing in general, although I am not attracted to women. And I enjoy a nice naked male. It also depends on how the penis is presented. Sometimes it just doesn't add to the picture to see a penis. Another thing is, it is more common to have been exposed to a naked (or flashing) male against one's will than a naked female. As a kid, I was flashed by men I really didn't want to see naked. I can see how that could traumatize some kids and lead to an adult woman feeling uncomfortable seeing a naked man when she wasn't planning to. Another

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few... Who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." —Professor Snape

MonarchMom22
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Nudity is a complicated topic.  yes, it is quite a bit more acceptable to see nudity on women's bodies, as long as they are considered attractive and or in sexual situations.  Read through any of the threads on nursing her, and you will lots of disgust for naked breasts that are being displayed when nursing. And a women who is not conventionally attractive, sexy or thin is often ridiculed for showing any "skin"

Male nudity is often used by men for agressive purposes.  Exposing themselves to intimidate women, grabbing their crotch when catcalling, etc.  So it is understandable that it gets bound up with being unattractive.  And most straight men are afraid to ever admit any man is attractive, for fear of being considered gay.  So they express disgust when shown naked guys.  hopefully, this will change. not a very positive message for our young boys - that their body is disgusting.

Seracake
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Do you think only gay boys can be skinny and femme looking? I'm curious why you felt you had to add your teacher "got a gay boy."

Quoting EireLass:

Skinny, hairless, femme looking.....also had the 'young boy' look going on.  

Quoting Seracake:

What about "the gay boy" he got was unappealing for photographs?

Quoting EireLass:

Maybe it's part of the obesity thing?  I hate the sight of fat men without clothes.

My husband is very physically fit...competitive weight lifter...so I like that look.

I am now a photog, and have had opportunity to photograph nude women. They are comfy, I am comfy, and the pics are very artistic when finished. I asked my old photog teacher to hire a male willing to go mostly nude. He got a gay boy. Nope....didn't look good to me.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Maybe I mistakenly thought people would understand the look I was refering to. 

Quoting Seracake:

Do you think only gay boys can be skinny and femme looking? I'm curious why you felt you had to add your teacher "got a gay boy."

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting EireLass:

Maybe it's part of the obesity thing?  I hate the sight of fat men without clothes.

My husband is very physically fit...competitive weight lifter...so I like that look.

I am now a photog, and have had opportunity to photograph nude women. They are comfy, I am comfy, and the pics are very artistic when finished. I asked my old photog teacher to hire a male willing to go mostly nude. He got a gay boy. Nope....didn't look good to me.

Seracake
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes you did. Why you couldn't have simply said skinny, hairless and femme looking rather than "gay boy", I'll never know. Just so you're aware, "gay boys" appearance do vary from human being to human being. 

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting EireLass:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:09 AM

They sure do.

But I assure you, this 'boy' was the sterotypical 'gay boy'. 

Now, had he hired a male model who was gay, but buffed out, had 'typiical' manly charicteristics, but gay....it would have worked for me. Perhaps he wasn't clear on what I meant when I asked for a MAN. 

Quoting Seracake:

Yes you did. Why you couldn't have simply said skinny, hairless and femme looking rather than "gay boy", I'll never know. Just so you're aware, "gay boys" appearance do vary from human being to human being. 

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting EireLass:

Succubus1987
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:11 AM
This

Quoting redzinger:

I hold no hostility for an image of a naked man. Bring it.

survivorinohio
by René on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:13 AM

I like naked men but not necessarily their genitals lol.  I went to art school and had the responsibility of drawing man naked men and their genitals lol.  Some are more attractive than others but really its the musculature that I find sexy.  The lower abs, gluts and the back muscles are what are specifically sexy to me.  

I happen to love my husbands penis though lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN