Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why people think naked men are gross?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just read an interesting article that I thought you guys would enjoy. I had never really given it much thought, but I always found it odd that so many people would say things like "Seeing that dude's butt scarred me for life". As a teenager I recall my friends expressing concern over ever having to see a man naked, saying their genitals were gross, meanwhile I just felt curious and not at all disgusted.

I don't think naked dudes are gross, I actually enjoy them. But apparently lots of people find male nudity to be upsetting. I've heard the same thing about naked men on television. That audiences can handle a naked woman, but not a naked man, and that showing penises, especially erect penises is considered too "hostile".

So, why is there so much body hatred for men?

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
Seracake
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Lol well I could certainly put together some stereotypical assumptions based off your comment but I won't. I can assure you, there is no stereotypical gay  male form just as there is no stereotypical heterosexual male form. There are many androgynous looking heterosexual men. 

Quoting EireLass:

They sure do.

But I assure you, this 'boy' was the sterotypical 'gay boy'. 

Now, had he hired a male model who was gay, but buffed out, had 'typiical' manly charicteristics, but gay....it would have worked for me. Perhaps he wasn't clear on what I meant when I asked for a MAN. 

Quoting Seracake:

Yes you did. Why you couldn't have simply said skinny, hairless and femme looking rather than "gay boy", I'll never know. Just so you're aware, "gay boys" appearance do vary from human being to human being. 

Quoting EireLass:

Maybe I mistakenly thought people would understand the look I was refering to. 

Quoting Seracake:

Do you think only gay boys can be skinny and femme looking? I'm curious why you felt you had to add your teacher "got a gay boy."

Quoting EireLass:

Skinny, hairless, femme looking.....also had the 'young boy' look going on.  

Quoting Seracake:

What about "the gay boy" he got was unappealing for photographs?

Quoting EireLass:

Maybe it's part of the obesity thing?  I hate the sight of fat men without clothes.

My husband is very physically fit...competitive weight lifter...so I like that look.

I am now a photog, and have had opportunity to photograph nude women. They are comfy, I am comfy, and the pics are very artistic when finished. I asked my old photog teacher to hire a male willing to go mostly nude. He got a gay boy. Nope....didn't look good to me.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

The gay boys I know do not look like that. LOL 

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Do you think only gay boys can be skinny and femme looking? I'm curious why you felt you had to add your teacher "got a gay boy."

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting EireLass:

Maybe it's part of the obesity thing?  I hate the sight of fat men without clothes.

My husband is very physically fit...competitive weight lifter...so I like that look.

I am now a photog, and have had opportunity to photograph nude women. They are comfy, I am comfy, and the pics are very artistic when finished. I asked my old photog teacher to hire a male willing to go mostly nude. He got a gay boy. Nope....didn't look good to me.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I don't find it gross, but it just doesn't do much for me. 

Seracake
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:30 AM

You mean not all gay boys look alike?

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting EireLass:

furbabymum
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:33 AM

I like my men naked and hard.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:35 AM

You do understand what stereotypical means, don't you?  

Quoting Seracake:

Lol well I could certainly put together some stereotypical assumptions based off your comment but I won't. I can assure you, there is no stereotypical gay  male form just as there is no stereotypical heterosexual male form. There are many androgynous looking heterosexual men. 

Quoting EireLass:

They sure do.

But I assure you, this 'boy' was the sterotypical 'gay boy'. 

Now, had he hired a male model who was gay, but buffed out, had 'typiical' manly charicteristics, but gay....it would have worked for me. Perhaps he wasn't clear on what I meant when I asked for a MAN. 

Quoting Seracake:

Yes you did. Why you couldn't have simply said skinny, hairless and femme looking rather than "gay boy", I'll never know. Just so you're aware, "gay boys" appearance do vary from human being to human being. 

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting EireLass:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:35 AM

You should get out more. 

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting EireLass:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Obviously they don't. Just as gay women don't look alike.  

Quoting Seracake:

You mean not all gay boys look alike?

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting EireLass:

motherslove82
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:38 AM
A butt is a butt. Why would seeing a man's butt scar someone for life? I rather enjoy seeing my naked man.
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Why? So I can think more stereotypically about what a gay man should look like? I didn't say I've never met a gay man that looks like that, just that the gay men in MY life do not look like that. 

Quoting EireLass:

You should get out more. 

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN