Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A pro lifer almost killed me today (fluff)

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:28 PM
  • 69 Replies
3 moms liked this
So, it's a beautiful day and I decided to take my ol' scooter out. Plus, I look cool on it. Anyway I'm at a stoplight and there's a van in front of me, with a bumper sticker that says "choose life, your mom did". When the light turns green, I go through and get in to the 3rd right lane (my scooter can only top out at 42 so the can was pretty far ahead of me). As I'm approaching the next stoplight (where he's already stopped at) he decides to get over and almost side swiped me!!! And he didn't even realize it! My heart was pounding but all I could do is laugh. How ironic that I was almost killed by a van with a pro life sticker.
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PerseyG
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
maybe his mom should have chosen termination with him. cars have these blinky lights for a reason.what an inconsiderate dope.
punky3175
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:37 PM
3 moms liked this

I love your sense of humor and ability to laugh at stuff like this.  I'm glad he failed in his mission to take you out. Cuz you were obviously on your way to an abortion party. ;-)

survivorinohio
by René on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to be very careful of blind spots when you ride, especially vans and trucks. There was a meme showing blind spots in a truck vs bikes, scooters count in my book. I will find it.

survivorinohio
by René on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

These are semis I realize but really vans trucks even cars have spots where riders cannot be seen.  The first meme is minus the text but all of thos bikes are invisible to the driver of that truck.

Stay safe and enjoy the ride:)  

ToniTennille
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

lmao! Glad you're ok and have a good sense of humor. People need to laugh more.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I know! And I usually am! He was already stopped at the light so I figured I was good. Nope.

Quoting survivorinohio:

You have to be very careful of blind spots when you ride, especially vans and trucks. There was a meme showing blind spots in a truck vs bikes, scooters count in my book. I will find it.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I know, right? Didn't use a blinker at all. And then I honked at him but it's a scooter horn. It sounds like a beep lol. Hard to angry beep at someone.

Quoting PerseyG: maybe his mom should have chosen termination with him. cars have these blinky lights for a reason.what an inconsiderate dope.
ashellbell
by shellbark on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:02 PM
All I could do was laugh. I just kept imagining what the headlines would say.

Quoting punky3175:

I love your sense of humor and ability to laugh at stuff like this.  I'm glad he failed in his mission to take you out. Cuz you were obviously on your way to an abortion party. ;-)

Seracake
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:02 PM

There's been a lot of CM today about over sharing, speaking of, were you high when this happened?

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I am glad you are okay.  You have to be careful when riding low profile/small vehicles.  I almost ran over a girl on a small atv.  She wasn't in my mirror or my line of sight.  It scared the crap out of me.

You might think of attaching one of those orange flags that is on a little pole.  I see those pretty frequently and I think they help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)