Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Creationist: If Evolution is True, Is Rape Wrong?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM
  • 166 Replies
1 mom liked this

In a Creation Today clip posted online yesterday, Creationist Darek Isaacs explained that if evolution was true, then rape must not be such a bad thing:

Derek Isaacs (right)

… I studied Darwin, I studied Dawkins, Hitchens, E.O. Wilson, some of the purveyors of evolutionary thought. And they led me to a very, very dark place. ‘Cause you have to start asking questions: Well, if evolution is true, and it’s just all about the male propagating their DNA, we had to ask hard questions, like, is rape wrong?

Marriage would be, in an evolutionary worldview, marriage would be the anathema. Because it’s one man married to one woman for life… but according to the evolutionary worldview, [if] that male is strong enough and he had wonderful genes, he should propagate his DNA as much as possible so that the species can progress

Or maybe evolution is a description of how things are, not a prescription for how they ought to be.

Or maybe forming a strong bond with one individual actually allows our offspring to survive in the long term in a way that weak bonds with multiple individuals would not.

I guess we should just be happy that Isaacs is a Creationist. Otherwise, apparently, he’d be a monster…

Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2014/06/10/creationist-if-evolution-is-true-is-rape-wrong/#ixzz35hx2UtLv

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:50 PM
27 moms liked this

Honestly, if your faith is the only think keeping you from raping and murdering, you are an awful human being. 

And evolution is not about the strongest or the fastest or the fittest. They get that wrong right off the bat. It's the species that best adapt to a changing environment that survive. How long do rapists survive? 

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I get what he's saying.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Dumbass.
PinkButterfly66
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:34 PM
3 moms liked this

KaylaBug89
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:36 PM
15 moms liked this

I'm pretty sure my IQ just went down. I acutally feel stupider every time I hear this argument. If the only thing keeping you from raping, murdering, and all other manner of horrible things is your "holy" story book, I'm terrified of you. You are a horrible human being and I want you no where near me, my children, my family, my friends....I don't want you on the same continent.

KaylaBug89
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Seriously? You get what he's saying? What it wrong with you? I really hope it's that you misunderstand something.

Quoting buttersworth:

I get what he's saying.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Survival of the fittest is a description, not a prescription.

appleorange1
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

If gravity is true....are droopy boobs inevitable?

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Baboons don't wine and dine, dear. Have you ever seen nature videos of animals doing it? Have you ever lived on a farm, been to a zoo, watched National Geographic?

Animals are not like people. Animal males take what they want when they can get it. Some animals do have mating rituals. Some animals mate for life. But there is more instinct than love going on there. And that is what this guy is saying, and he's saying that's not how humans are, and that that isn't how humans came to be.

I agree with him somewhat. But you don't have to agree to understand what he's saying.

Quoting KaylaBug89:

Seriously? You get what he's saying? What it wrong with you? I really hope it's that you misunderstand something.

Quoting buttersworth:

I get what he's saying.

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:50 PM
2 moms liked this

With natural selection, it's more like survival of the sexiest.

Quoting Clairwil:

Survival of the fittest is a description, not a prescription.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)