Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Anyone surprised by this Report: 90% of illegals skip immigration court appearances.

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:27 PM
  • 76 Replies

Ninety percent of the mostly-teen illegal immigrants flooding over theMexico-U.S. border won't show up for their immigration court hearing, meaning at least 135,000 of the youths will simply vanish into the country this year alone, according to a key House committee chairman.

House Judiciary Chairman Rep. Bob Goodlatte, who on Wednesday held a hearing to raise national security concerns about the new wave of illegals, revealed Thursday that many of the teens are placed with relatives, including parents who are in the U.S. illegally, and then ignore court orders to appear for immigration hearings.

Once they are picked up by immigration officials, “they are given a court date, expected to return, a year or more later,” said the Virginia lawmaker. “The overwhelming majority of them, more than 90 percent, do not return for their hearings and as a result we have a problem,” he added.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/report-90-of--skip-immigration-court-appearances-135000-will-go-missing/article/2550217

http://www.ktrh.com/articles/houston-news-121300/johnson-no-free-passes-for-illegal-12504243

by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:29 PM
6 moms liked this

Why would I be surprised that a criminal would not appear to court?

jcrew6
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, there are SOME on this very site who get offended with you call ILLEGAL ALIENS~ criminals...  

Quoting VooDooB:

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:38 PM

no

supermonstermom
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM
4 moms liked this

NO!!!!!!  That can't be..

A hearing for what?  We should find out what country they came from and give them a one way ticket back on a military plane.

Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:42 PM

lol..of course not surprising.   

skymcr
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
It's a shame that children and young adults have to immigrate to the US, because their own government does not do anything for them. I wonder where their parents are, what they do, etc. I couldn't live with myself if my children left and tried to cross a border illegally.
VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:52 PM

3rd time I've used this one today.

stupid animated GIF

Quoting jcrew6:

Well, there are SOME on this very site who get offended with you call ILLEGAL ALIENS~ criminals...  

Quoting VooDooB:

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this

What a joke.  Why even bother wasting the resources anymore.  The Feds don't enforce immigration laws, do not support our border states and undermine efforts by US border security patrol agents everyday.  Now in another thread I just read that there has been a confirmed case of the H1N1 in either a child or adult that illegally crossed.  

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't show up either. It's a shame that people, especially kids feel like they can't get a fair shake
VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah criminals always feel like the system is against them, don't they? 

Quoting snookyfritz: I wouldn't show up either. It's a shame that people, especially kids feel like they can't get a fair shake

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN