Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

SAN ANTONIO - Confirmed: one of the unaccompanied minors at the Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio has H1N1 flu.

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:32 PM
  • 76 Replies

SAN ANTONIO - A representative from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services confirmed one of the unaccompanied minors at the Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio has H1N1 flu.

A surge of children have been crossing alone and illegally into the United States. They've been transferred to Lackland Air Force Base.

The state department of health confirmed 2,000 H1N1 vaccinations were approved for shipment to the air base.

by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcrew6
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:32 PM

http://www.krgv.com/mobile/news/unaccompanied-minor-sent-to-air-base-tested-positive-for-h1n1/?test3

bmthverana
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Well shit T_T

CafeMom Tickers
supermonstermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Poor baby.. I had it in January, and thought I was going to die. 

I am still having the hardest time with parents sending their children over alone.. I just cant wrap my head around it.  As I look at my three kids I would NEVER give them to a human trafficker to go to another country with no adult looking after them, no money, no parent.  Who does that??  I would rather struggle and wonder what I am going to feed them, than to send my three year old out to fend for himself or my seven year old. 

We really need to feed them, make sure they are healthy, and then send them back to their country of origin so more parent do send their kids over.

jcrew6
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM

And This

Border agents warn of ‘chicken pox, MRSA staph’ from illegal child crossings

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/10/border-agents-warn-chicken-pox-mrsa-staph-illegal-/#ixzz35mf6SnFS 
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

jllcali
by Jane on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:42 PM
4 moms liked this
People get the flu.

And as far as the scabies thing, it happens in prisons to. Anytime you have a large group of people in a confined area, diseases spread.
jllcali
by Jane on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:47 PM
MRSA and regular staph are literally everywhere. Especially hospitals, gyms etc.

Chicken pox is also a concern from the unvaccinated.

Care should be taken regardless.

Quoting jcrew6:

And This

Border agents warn of ‘chicken pox, MRSA staph’ from illegal child crossings

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/10/border-agents-warn-chicken-pox-mrsa-staph-illegal-/#ixzz35mf6SnFS Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

jcrew6
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe we should focus on the health concerns and diseases our LEGAL citizens have.

Quoting jllcali: People get the flu. And as far as the scabies thing, it happens in prisons to. Anytime you have a large group of people in a confined area, diseases spread.

jllcali
by Jane on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol. Only if they have the money.

If illegal immigration were to miraculously stop, these diseases would still be just as much of a concern.

Quoting jcrew6:

Maybe we should focus on the health concerns and diseases our LEGAL citizens have.

Quoting jllcali: People get the flu.

And as far as the scabies thing, it happens in prisons to. Anytime you have a large group of people in a confined area, diseases spread.

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
there are american citizens that refuse to vax go over seas come home and spread disease, there are vaxed people that pick up and spread disease...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)