Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Here's what's odd to me about this Hobby Lobby Case!

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:51 PM
  • 136 Replies
6 moms liked this

Here's what's odd to me about this whole Hobby Lobby case. 

1. NO ONE has banned any sort of birth control. In fact, Hobby Lobby is still covering 16 different forms of birth control under their insurance. And the 4 types birth control that they are no longer paying for (abortion inducing drugs) is still very easily accessible at any PP, health department, or pharmacy. 

2. These people who are mad about the ruling keep saying that the government should not be in these affairs. But that doesn't make any sense because we KNOW they believe that the government should be in the abortion business. They want their abortions paid for by the government. They don't want the government to regulate abortion or abortion facilities in any way. Yet, for birth control issues, they want the government out of those affairs? Except they still want the government to pay for their birth control? They aren't even making any sense. 

3. I have seen some really vile tweets and comments by those who are outraged about the decision. And everything is directed toward Hobby Lobby. They are saying they will "burn down Hobby Lobby" and they will stage a "f**k-in at Hobby Lobby stores"...but really, shouldn't they be mad at the Supreme Court? They are the ones that actually made the decision. They call us intolerant, yet I have never threatened to burn down a building because I was mad at a company. So, who's intolerant?

by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2adandykid
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:57 PM
8 moms liked this

the only part of your post that matters is the 1st part and it's incorrect.  the 4 drugs that they're refusing to pay for are NOT 'abortion inducing drugs'.  this is common knowledge but let me repeat that again.............................THEY.ARE.NOT.ABORTION.INDUCING.DRUGS.

let me put that in laymens terms:  if you take plan b and your egg has already been fertillized by a sperm, plan b will do NOTHING.  seriously this is 8th grade science shit. 

smh  seriously, if you're this blinded by the BC issue you are clearly too ignorant to understand the bigger issues that this ruling will cause down the road and you need to just not post about it anymore.  i'm tired of seeing the same bs posted over and over. 

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

the only part of your post that matters is the 1st part and it's incorrect.  the 4 drugs that they're refusing to pay for are NOT 'abortion inducing drugs'.  this is common knowledge but let me repeat that again.............................THEY.ARE.NOT.ABORTION.INDUCING.DRUGS.

let me put that in laymens terms:  if you take plan b and your egg has already been fertillized by a sperm, plan b will do NOTHING.  seriously this is 8th grade science shit. 

smh  seriously, if you're this blinded by the BC issue you are clearly too ignorant to understand the bigger issues that this ruling will cause down the road and you need to just not post about it anymore.  i'm tired of seeing the same bs posted over and over. 

I suggest you take science past the 8th grade.  This may also help you understand bigger issues down the road.

From the Plan B site...  http://www.planbonestep.com/hcp/faqs.aspx

How does Plan B One-Step® work?

Emergency contraception works in a similar way to birth control pills, primarily by:

• Preventing ovulation
  • It may also work by:
    • Possibly preventing fertilization by altering tubal transport of sperm and/or egg
    • Altering the endometrium, which may inhibit implantation

Emergency contraception is not effective once the process of implantation has begun. It will not harm an existing pregnancy.

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:07 PM
2 moms liked this

To point #3 - It's THREE tweets. Ignore 'em.

911Diva
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

It only effects small companies with less than 5 share holders. And if you agree with them being abortion inducing is your opinion to them they end life and that goes against their faith. Bottom line they are not aginst all birth control as many are throwing around. And they 4 they are aginst are still easy to get if someone needs them!

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

911Diva
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Except not I have seen them all over twitter and facebook since yesterday. 

Quoting gdiamante:

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:12 PM

We're following vastly different people, I guess!

Quoting 911Diva:

Except not I have seen them all over twitter and facebook since yesterday. 

Quoting gdiamante:

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Here’s a list of the 149 for-profit companies whose cases are already pending, including several that object to all forms of contraception. Now that the Supreme Court has sanctioned their standing to make those claims and classified the coverage requirement as a substantial burden, they only have to show the sincerity of their beliefs to win.

Quoting 911Diva:

It only effects small companies with less than 5 share holders. And if you agree with them being abortion inducing is your opinion to them they end life and that goes against their faith. Bottom line they are not aginst all birth control as many are throwing around. And they 4 they are aginst are still easy to get if someone needs them!

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:14 PM
3 moms liked this
Kinda like how people who want gun control measures don't want to ban guns or get rid of the 2nd Amendment but that gets thrown around the time too. When you (general) have an us vs them mentality, the bigger picture gets lost in the need to be right and insult the other side.

Quoting 911Diva:

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:25 PM
10 moms liked this
#1. This is not what concerns me about this decision. I'm more concerned about the limits of corporate personhood, and the precedent this decision has set.

#2. This doesn't make sense because, well, it's not what anybody really wants. I don't want government paying for my healthcare when I am paying for private insurance. If we implement single payer, then we'll talk. And regulation is fine, but silly over-regulation designed to shut down a clinic is not fine.

#3. Extremists don't represent me or the vast majority of Americans.
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:05 AM
8 moms liked this

I have yet to see an IUD available over the counter...and without insurance coverage this extremely effective device is upwards of $1000.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)