Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Klansman tells Fox Radio his best friends are black, he just believes in racial purity

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:07 PM
  • 21 Replies

Klansman tells Fox Radio his best friends are black, he just believes in racial purity

By Travis Gettys
Wednesday, July 2, 2014 10:31 EDT
image of william walters via bill perry on facebook

A white supremacist who claims a religious belief in white supremacy explained his views this week to Fox News radio host Alan Colmes.

William Walters was removed last week from his post on the Tacony (Pa.) Town Watch after city officials discovered he was passing out Ku Klux Klan recruitment literature on the job, although they were previously aware he served as Grand Dragon of the Pennsylvania-based group.

He described the East Coast Knights of the True Invisible Empire as a "white Christian organization," and Colmes reminds him that Jesus wasn't white.

"I don't know that," Walters says after a long pause.

Colmes says Jesus would have been an olive-skinned person of Mediterranean descent, but Walters points out that "he's not black, either."

Walters admits that Jesus associated with society's outcasts and taught that his followers should love everyone.

"He did preach that, yes," Walters concedes. "He preached love."

Colmes asks why his group restricts membership to white Christians only, and Walters brings up the NAACP - which the host reminds him that white people may join.

"We're just showing interest in our race," Walters insists. "Why? Because we want to promote the heritage of our white race. We want to keep it that way."

He admits that the KKK is a white supremacist group, although he claims that it also promotes Christian tenets.

"The reason why we say white Christian is because we're promoting to keep our race pure," Walters says. "The Christian purity would be, we're against homosexuality, we're against white-black (relationships)."

Even so, Walters insists he has "quite a few friends that are black people."

"My best friends are black, but they don't belong to our organization," he says. "We don't believe they should have any relationship, we don't believe in mixed races. It's common sense. If you look at the animal species, let's just say. You don't see a rabbit going with a squirrel."

Colmes asks if he's aware that white people and black people are the same species, and Walters agrees they are.

"In fact, we have a president who's half black and half white, as some are fond of saying, because two people who are of the same species - two animals of the same species - can mate, right?" Colmes says. "So it's not like a squirrel and a human."

Walters concedes this is true, but says the KKK promotes racial purity so children won't get "mixed up" about their heritage.

"(Obama) would ask his parents, ‘Well, what am I, black or white?'" Walters says. "And he should be proud of his heritage - if he's white, he should be proud of it. "

He tells Colmes that he would disown one of his children if they wanted to marry a black person, although he would not immediately do so if they wanted to marry a Jewish person.

"I don't believe that's a race - I believe being Jewish is more of a religion," Walters says, adding that he would accept a Jewish person into his family if they converted to Christianity.

Walters insists he treated his black neighbors fairly during his stint on the neighborhood watch.

"We do believe they should be treated equally, we just don't believe that there should be race mixing," he says. "There should be a difference between black and black and white and white. A child gets raised up, he gets teased in school, he doesn't know what to be proud of - black or white. Everybody should be proud of their heritage."

"We're trying to promote white race and the heritage, just like the blacks," he adds.

Watch video of the program posted online by Fox News Radio:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3647638291001

by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:22 PM
3 moms liked this

Yeah, I'd feel great about having him as my neighborhood watch guy, NOT. This shit makes me nauseous.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Interesting
jllcali
by Jane on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM
So he was fired for proselytizing when he shouldn't have been, not his racist beliefs. Big shocker there. He is sounding more and more like a douchebag as he tries to justify his crap.
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Ok, well the Klan....enough said.

But truthfully, I have known a number of black people in church who prefer their kids marry in their race.   I've known black women who are PISSED when attractive black men date white women.  I've known Asians to whom it is very important that their child marry another Asian. 

I'd like to know why this is acceptable, but a guy (excluding the whole Klan thing) wanting his kids to marry within his race is bad. 

To me, it seems like two sides of the same coin.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Are they aware they are his best friends and do they think of him as their best friend?
Its.me.Sam.
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:00 AM
2 moms liked this

anyone who supports the KKK in ANY way ....yikes...scary. 
he sounds like an all around intolerant man and should in no way be responsible for his community - he cannot be trusted to treat people fairly. 

MrsHMS
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this
The thing that sound strange to me is his desire to keep people white but a Russian white has nothing in common with a Spanish white. So what is he trying to keep pure? Opeque skin? I tan real easy so maybe I can only be a member 9 months a year. I don't think they thought this through.

Quoting TranquilMind:

But truthfully, I have known a number of black people in church who prefer their kids marry in their race.   I've known black women who are PISSED when attractive black men date white women.  I've known Asians to whom it is very important that their child marry another Asian. 

I'd like to know why this is acceptable, but a guy (excluding the whole Klan thing) wanting his kids to marry within his race is bad. 

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:55 AM

I don't think any of it is acceptable.  It's understandable and easy to rationalize, because interracial couples commonly still experience extra difficulties due to their being of different races.   But there still is a racist element, as Klan guy makes crystal clear.  

We all have notions of appropriate mates for ourselves and our kids that could be seen as racist, classist, or bigoted against another religion or ethnicity, or even physical features like weight, etc.  I would prefer that my son not marry someone who's addicted to drugs or who has the "mean girl" personality type, for example.   I don't care about race or social class, but I hope he avoids girls who are very religious (or fanatics of any stripe).  You could justifiably call me prejudiced towards addicts, mean girls, and fanatical girls, but it would be an internal attitude and not a set of actions.  I think I have an idea of what kind of woman would make my son happy, but it's not my decision to make.   My job will be to accept and welcome and connect with the woman he chooses.      

Quoting TranquilMind:

MrsHMS
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you should reconsider the class preference as well. You might not feel it is important but there are issues that come up especially with your grand kids and how to they are raised. My husband had a kid with a girl who comes from a long line generations of welfare folks. There has been issues since day one starting with not putting him on the birth certificate to get welfare, non existent table manners, of no importance learning to set a table, Spending 1000 on a dog when you don't have a car etc. That wouldn't be a good fit for my girls and I hope they marry middle class with a strong work ethic.

Quoting momtoscott:

I don't think any of it is acceptable.  It's understandable and easy to rationalize, because interracial couples commonly still experience extra difficulties due to their being of different races.   But there still is a racist element, as Klan guy makes crystal clear.  

We all have notions of appropriate mates for ourselves and our kids that could be seen as racist, classist, or bigoted against another religion or ethnicity, or even physical features like weight, etc.  I would prefer that my son not marry someone who's addicted to drugs or who has the "mean girl" personality type, for example.   I don't care about race or social class, but I hope he avoids girls who are very religious (or fanatics of any stripe).  You could justifiably call me prejudiced towards addicts, mean girls, and fanatical girls, but it would be an internal attitude and not a set of actions.  I think I have an idea of what kind of woman would make my son happy, but it's not my decision to make.   My job will be to accept and welcome and connect with the woman he chooses.      

Quoting TranquilMind:

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:41 PM

That's definitely a reason to be cautious about the people your girls bring into your family.  

I'm certainly hoping that my son marries a great, capable woman with a kind heart--and I realize social class can influence behavior and expectations quite a bit.   We live in a middle class suburb, and at present he's most likely to date other middle-class girls because those are the girls available.  

Quoting MrsHMS: I think you should reconsider the class preference as well. You might not feel it is important but there are issues that come up especially with your grand kids and how to they are raised. My husband had a kid with a girl who comes from a long line generations of welfare folks. There has been issues since day one starting with not putting him on the birth certificate to get welfare, non existent table manners, of no importance learning to set a table, Spending 1000 on a dog when you don't have a car etc. That wouldn't be a good fit for my girls and I hope they marry middle class with a strong work ethic.
Quoting momtoscott:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)