Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Who is going to fund all these illegal immigrant children?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:16 PM
  • 100 Replies
1 mom liked this
I get that these kids came from horrible places but at the same time how do you think the government is going to fund taking care of them. They will need housing, food, clothing, and medical. That means our taxes will be raised abd any government assistance we get will be lowered again. Is this right for us to have to struggle more than what we are. Smh I feel bad for the kids but at the same time I don't think it's fair.
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KimmyShaw
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Tax payers of course!
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:20 PM
4 moms liked this

It's not fair, and nobody ever said it was.

It is, however, what we have to deal with one way or another.

1TallMamaCA
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Wait are you saying that your government assitance will be lowered?

Either way the governments already footing that bill, since a oddly large portion are under five and can't say where they are from. I am still trying to figure out how that would work deporting them, although I do wonder why the Mexican embassy is doing nothing, towards reunting these children.
tlynn28
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Yup its not right

Quoting KimmyShaw: Tax payers of course!
tlynn28
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
They will have to make more cuts to accommodate cost for these children and raise our taxes

Quoting 1TallMamaCA: Wait are you saying that your government assitance will be lowered?

Either way the governments already footing that bill, since a oddly large portion are under five and can't say where they are from. I am still trying to figure out how that would work deporting them, although I do wonder why the Mexican embassy is doing nothing, towards reunting these children.
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:23 PM

I think the vast majority of these children are not Mexican.  We can return Mexican children to the Mexican government and they sort out parents and custody etc.

These children are from further south, in gang-plagued countries like El Salvador and Hondoras.  We can't repatriate those children nearly as easily. 

Quoting 1TallMamaCA: Wait are you saying that your government assitance will be lowered? Either way the governments already footing that bill, since a oddly large portion are under five and can't say where they are from. I am still trying to figure out how that would work deporting them, although I do wonder why the Mexican embassy is doing nothing, towards reunting these children.

1TallMamaCA
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Links of this? I haven't heard of this from any source.

Quoting tlynn28: They will have to make more cuts to accommodate cost for these children and raise our taxes

Quoting 1TallMamaCA: Wait are you saying that your government assitance will be lowered?

tlynn28
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Yea they said they weren't from Mexico and it is harder to send them back

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

I think the vast majority of these children are not Mexican.  We can return Mexican children to the Mexican government and they sort out parents and custody etc.

These children are from further south, in gang-plagued countries like El Salvador and Hondoras.  We can't repatriate those children nearly as easily. 

tlynn28
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Don't have a link but its been on the news. Dallas is housing 2000 kids ans and they are even trying to figure out a budget for this

Quoting 1TallMamaCA: Links of this? I haven't heard of this from any source.

Quoting tlynn28: They will have to make more cuts to accommodate cost for these children and raise our taxes

1TallMamaCA
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM
That's what I was wondering, see this is becoming more confusing. Sadly the American foster care system is already beyond its limits. Eventually these children will need to be released either back to their home countries, or into the foster care system.

Isn't there a detainment time limit?

This whole situation has way to many varibles between laws, human rights, and laws regarding minors which can differ by state.

I don't see an end in sight for this problem anytime soon.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)