Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Town Bans Christians From Using Publicly Funded Facilities!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:18 AM
  • 128 Replies

http://madworldnews.com/town-bans-christians-using-publicly-funded-facilities/

A town has banned Christians from using publicly funded facilities.

When people talk about Christian persecution, most people picture the Middle East, Asia, or Africa. Most people don’t expect something as shocking as this right in the Northern Hemisphere.

Most people think of British Colombia as a beautiful place to vacation. I must admit, I spent some time there myself when I lived in the North East. Nobody would expect the tourist rich town of Nanaimo to pull a stunt like this, so full of hatred and arrogance.

Just days before a Christian Convention was to be hosted at this city’s convention center, the city council voted to cancel it. In fact, the city council meeting turned into one big bigoted rant. They started claiming the Convention Center and public areas Christian free zones.

If you take even the first few minutes of the video and substitute women, or African-Americans, or homosexuality, the liberals would be foaming at the mouth. The ACLU would be suing. There would be riots in the streets.

But because they used Christian, no one seems to care. In fact, the broadcast was almost unnoticed by people.

by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aimeelu
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM
5 moms liked this

How tolerant.  

If the athiests and liberals get there way it will happen here in next few years.  

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:27 AM
8 moms liked this
That's an odd thing to do.

If conservatives get their way here, the US will becomes theocracy.

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:30 AM
5 moms liked this
You know why it was largely unnoticed? Because it's not America. We want to focus on America and America's problems... Fuck all the rest!<------ can't have it both ways....

Now, if this happened in America... Repubs and dems alike would be foamin at the mouth! Do you honest God believe that there are no Christian dems? Do you honest to God believe dems want to get rid of the constitutional right to freedom of religion? Please find me something about this happening in America, and then I will care. Until then I will simply shake my head and be a proud American.
D-Town
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:33 AM
18 moms liked this
So the Christians wanted to hold a convention where they were going to talk about how to fix gays and discuss "reparative therapy". Something that the town they wanted to use found offensive. They were told they can't have their bigoted rally in tax funded property.

Don't see the problem.

They weren't told they couldn't have their convention. Just they had to do it on their own property.

Would the Christians allow a gay pride carnival at their own private church?
momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:45 AM
18 moms liked this

1.  Canada, not the US, so no constitutional violations have been committed.  

2.  The city council did not ban all Christian groups using public space.   They decided not to host a telecasst of a convention that was funded partly by Christian groups (some US in origin, sadly) that oppose and act against gay marriage and gay rights.  (In Canada, gay marriage is, of course, legal.)  I certainly hope the council returned any fees the convention sponsors had paid; to keep them would be unethical. 

3.  The telecast went on as scheduled in several other Canadian cities.  By the logic of those who support cake bakers, etc., being able to deny services to any they wish for reasons of conscience, because those services are available elsewhere, what is wrong with this one city, for reasons of conscience, rohibiting the telecast?  There were other cities nearby that were willing to broadcast the conference, so anyone who wished to participate was, at most, mildly inconvenienced.  

momtimesx4
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

******************IN for the outrage, the how could theys and how it's just Un-American! Rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble

GLWerth
by Gina on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:13 AM
4 moms liked this

That's pretty much what I found too.

But, it does allow certain individuals to claim persecution, which suits them and makes them happy.

Quoting momtoscott:

1.  Canada, not the US, so no constitutional violations have been committed.  

2.  The city council did not ban all Christian groups using public space.   They decided not to host a telecasst of a convention that was funded partly by Christian groups (some US in origin, sadly) that oppose and act against gay marriage and gay rights.  (In Canada, gay marriage is, of course, legal.)  I certainly hope the council returned any fees the convention sponsors had paid; to keep them would be unethical. 

3.  The telecast went on as scheduled in several other Canadian cities.  By the logic of those who support cake bakers, etc., being able to deny services to any they wish for reasons of conscience, because those services are available elsewhere, what is wrong with this one city, for reasons of conscience, rohibiting the telecast?  There were other cities nearby that were willing to broadcast the conference, so anyone who wished to participate was, at most, mildly inconvenienced.  

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Well, it happened in Canada so it is unAmerican...rabble rabble rabble

Quoting momtimesx4:

******************IN for the outrage, the how could theys and how it's just Un-American! Rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble

momtimesx4
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:10 AM

I know....I guess I should have marked it as sarcasm

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Well, it happened in Canada so it is unAmerican...rabble rabble rabble

Quoting momtimesx4:

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:20 AM
3 moms liked this
Uh.. Spent time in BC when they lived in the Northeast?

Why would the ACLU get involved in something that happened in Canada?

The person that wrote this- do they actually know anything about, well, anything?

Thanks for the morning hilarity.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN