Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Militia plans to guard border by aiming guns at immigrants, start revolution if cops show up

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:46 AM
  • 131 Replies
1 mom liked this

Militia plans to guard border by aiming guns at immigrants, start revolution if cops show up

By Travis Gettys
Monday, July 7, 2014 8:41 EDT
Chris Threepercenter Davis

A militia group is calling on supporters to patrol the Texas-Mexico border to guard against drug gangs and illegal immigrants.

The citizen militia operation, called "Secure Our Border - Laredo," is urging members to voluntarily guard private property near the border town along the Rio Grande, where some residents have felt threatened by drug cartels and other gangs.

Conservative publications have warned that a recent surge in undocumented children and other immigrants has carried infectious disease across the border and poses an existential threat to the U.S.

A spokeswoman for the militia group told the Brownsville Herald that members would not engage in violence, and the group's leader - who calls himself Commander Chris "Threepercenter" Davis - has cautioned against violent actions or racist comments.

"This is not a ‘go-in-guns-blazing' kind of thing," said spokeswoman Denice Freeman. "This will be handled with the utmost professionalism and security and safety for everyone involved."

But a 21-minute video that was apparently posted June 14 by Davis encourages militia members to threaten suspected illegal immigrants to secure the border.

"You see an illegal," Davis says in the video. "You point your gun dead at him, right between his eyes, and you say, ‘Get back across the border or you will be shot.'"

He also urged militia members to "start the next 1776 right there on the border" if they were confronted by law enforcement authorities.

"It is time that we start taking back our national sovereignty," Davis says.

The YouTube account for Davis was apparently deactivated since the Brownsville Herald reported his comments.

Davis describes his beliefs and interests in a brief biography on his Twitter account.

"I believe in the King James Bible, The Constitution, and Bill of Rights!" he says. "I am a Future Veteran of the Refounding. Molon Labe! III%! Spirit of 1776!"

Hidalgo County sheriff Eddie Guerra said the militia was not needed in the Rio Grande Valley.

"We don't need their services on our border," Guerra said. "If we ever did, I'm sure we have enough good people in Hidalgo County that I can call up."

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:07 PM
6 moms liked this

I don't know if it will work.

Somebody has to take initiative.

Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this
They are cold hearted disgusting individuals who lack a soul.
1TallMamaCA
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yes this will turn out great.

While as a country we do have a right to milita, it states the right to be if a need to take on our Government.
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Yeah, whatever Lol.

Quoting Kaya529: They are cold hearted disgusting individuals who lack a soul.
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this
This is exactly what I was thinking. It's good to know that their are plenty of US citizens that respect this country and want to preserve our resources, freedoms and are willing to defend us. Its clear to me that the current administration does not have out best interests at heart.

Quoting Billiejeens:

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess there really isn't anything wrong with it if they are being warned. It's not like there are snipers shooting. I would think if word gets around that the crazies are going to shoot you to protect jobs like harvesting oranges and cleaning hotel rooms they will stop sneaking over.
Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Yeah -

Our current administration has done everything that it can to diminish the US's standing in the world.

This is an attempt to overwhelm and crash the system.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee: This is exactly what I was thinking. It's good to know that their are plenty of US citizens that respect this country and want to preserve our resources, freedoms and are willing to defend us. Its clear to me that the current administration does not have out best interests at heart.
Quoting Billiejeens:

Seracake
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw an episode Morgan Spurlock did on immigrants orange harvesting in Florida, I can't imagine many Americans flocking to do that job. If at all.

Quoting NDADanceMom: I guess there really isn't anything wrong with it if they are being warned. It's not like there are snipers shooting. I would think if word gets around that the crazies are going to shoot you to protect jobs like harvesting oranges and cleaning hotel rooms they will stop sneaking over.

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I saw a Hispanic comedian say "you should celebrate the undocumented worker, without them America would die of scurvy"

Quoting Seracake:

I saw an episode Morgan Spurlock did on immigrants orange harvesting in Florida, I can't imagine many Americans flocking to do that job. If at all.

Quoting NDADanceMom: I guess there really isn't anything wrong with it if they are being warned. It's not like there are snipers shooting. I would think if word gets around that the crazies are going to shoot you to protect jobs like harvesting oranges and cleaning hotel rooms they will stop sneaking over.

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:47 PM

If we weren't paying people to sit at home - they just might be a little more apt to accept work.

One big problem in the country is that so many people are not working - everybody is still eating.

Quoting Seracake:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)