Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

My water filter should be free

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:41 PM
  • 63 Replies
4 moms liked this
The filter for the ice and water in my fridge costs $50. I have to replace it soon and it's not fair. Water is essential for human life and my filter should be free.
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:43 PM
4 moms liked this

Everything should be FREE! 

Start a petition and see if Obama will add it by presidential fiat to the ACA!  You might be successful! 

whitelotus707
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:47 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting NDADanceMom: The filter for the ice and water in my fridge costs $50. I have to replace it soon and it's not fair. Water is essential for human life and my filter should be free.

Good one! lol.

I was thinking since I have bad allergies and asthma, my air-conditioning should be free too!

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:49 PM
5 moms liked this

The water that goes into your fridge is already potable without additional filtration.

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
So is rainwater :)

Quoting UpSheRises:

The water that goes into your fridge is already potable without additional filtration.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Not always. Depends on how it's stored. My rain barrels are great for watering the garden and toping off the aquaponic system but it's not safe for drinking or washing.

Quoting NDADanceMom: So is rainwater :)
Quoting UpSheRises:

PerseyG
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:00 PM
4 moms liked this
you can buy a filter for $20 or less over ar Walgreens. although, something tells me you and your 10-percenter husband don't shop at shabby common stores like Walgreens.

Actually, you might need to if you are a dance mom. expensive activity.

and water is a human right that should be free. not fancy filtered rich bitch water flowing from a Viking fridge. no one said filtering should be free.

but you can build your own filtration system using sediment levels and plastic jugs too. I wonder if Sur Le Table sells plastic jugs....
erika9009
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure their Viking $2500 refrigerator probably takes a $50 filter.

So, Walgreens probably does not have her filter.

Some areas the water is ok, some it's not. 

Quoting PerseyG: you can buy a filter for $20 or less over ar Walgreens. although, something tells me you and your 10-percenter husband don't shop at shabby common stores like Walgreens. Actually, you might need to if you are a dance mom. expensive activity. and water is a human right that should be free. not fancy filtered rich bitch water flowing from a Viking fridge. no one said filtering should be free. but you can build your own filtration system using sediment levels and plastic jugs too. I wonder if Sur Le Table sells plastic jugs....

Erika..

The best things in life are not things.

caustinb
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
If you know how to change mine, I'll take one too. I've been laying on the kitchen floor all damn weekend trying to figure out how to get that stupid thing out.
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:12 PM
If they sold proline frigidaire filters or a generic form of one I would. I can't find them anywhere and have to go to the appliance store for them.

Quoting PerseyG: you can buy a filter for $20 or less over ar Walgreens. although, something tells me you and your 10-percenter husband don't shop at shabby common stores like Walgreens.

and water is a human right that should be free. not fancy filtered rich bitch water flowing from a Viking fridge. no one said filtering should be free.

but you can build your own filtration system using sediment levels and plastic jugs too. I wonder if Sur Le Table sells plastic jugs....
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM
I wish mine was Viking! I have frigidaire proline

Quoting erika9009:

I'm sure their Viking $2500 refrigerator probably takes a $50 filter.

So, Walgreens probably does not have her filter.

Some areas the water is ok, some it's not. 

Quoting PerseyG: you can buy a filter for $20 or less over ar Walgreens. although, something tells me you and your 10-percenter husband don't shop at shabby common stores like Walgreens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)