Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

PROTESTERS DIVERT 3RD ROUND OF BUSES FROM MURRIETA

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:02 PM
  • 105 Replies
1 mom liked this

PROTESTERS DIVERT 3RD ROUND OF BUSES FROM MURRIETA

MURRIETA -- Demonstrators opposed to illegal immigration stood their ground again at the Murrieta Border Patrol station on Monday, where U.S. Border Patrol had been scheduled to transfer a third round of buses, with approximately 140 illegal aliens aboard in total, transferred from overcrowded Texas detention facilities.

For a third time, the buses were rerouted to the San Ysidro, California Border Patrol station, near the U.S.-Mexico border, for processing. The demonstrators gathered in areas to the north and south of the Murrieta station after law enforcement blocked off the road near the station itself. Many told Breitbart News they considered their stand a success, since buses scheduled for Murrieta are avoiding it as long as demonstrators remain.

The anti-illegal immigration protests Monday brought out new, first-time demonstrators and onlookers from many different backgrounds--from young enlisted Marines to legal immigrants from Germany, Mexico, and Central America. Karen Siegemund of Rage Against the Media, comedian and author Evan Sayet, and radio host Kender Macgowan made it out as well.

Despite the news of buses being re-routed for the second time since a standoff with three buses in Murrieta July 1, anti-illegal immigration demonstrators plan to continue to monitor and be at the ready should any transfers of illegal aliens to the Murrieta station resume. 

The general sentiment is that the moment that demonstrators leave, transfers to the station will continue.

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermonstermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Sorry its from Briebart..  Not really a great source, but this seems to be mostly news without to much slant.

supermonstermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:06 PM

HOUSTON, Texas--A busload of illegal immigrants is expected to show up in Murrieta, California in spite of a furious group of residents who claim their town is no place for the migrants. 

On Sunday Breitbart Texas broke the news that federal agents accompanying the bus will have riot gear and shields, in order to push back the crowd. Despite this, the protesters have no intentions of backing down--rather, the group is preparing for a showdown that one resident told Breitbart Texas "might get ugly." 

Sources on the ground in Murrieta told Breitbart Texas that many protesters have already gathered in the town this morning in anticipation of the busload. Law enforcement is there, too.

"There are at least 60 officers here," John Henry, a Murrieta resident since 1991, told Breitbart Texas. "Most of them are local law enforcement like the Murrieta Police and others from the Riverside Country Sheriff's Office. But I have seen at least 10 or 15 federal agents here as well." 

He added, "There was also a fire truck pulling a 20 foot trailer as well. I would assume it is for medical purposes." 

Henry said that, according to "rumors," planes carrying illegal immigrants are expected to land at 11 a.m. PST. He mentioned that it takes about an hour to drive from the airport to the protest grounds in Murrieta. 

In anticipation of riot gear being used against them, the protesters are ready to "be detained or arrested," according to a widely-circulated flier obtained by Breitbart Texas. The flier told protesters to be prepared with: "several pairs of vinyl gloves [which] protect against blood and pepper spray"; "heavy clothing to deflect rubber bullets";  and a "legal aid number written in permanent marker on both arms."

It also cautioned the crowd to "bring a small first aid kit but leave anything that can be viewed as a weapon (scissors, blades, etc.)." 

Henry said that local police officers warned citizens "that federal Marshals or ICE will be here in the next few days and that they are bringing riot gear. They're apparently going to be blocking off the street with concrete blockades so that no vehicles can get through. The River County Sheriff's Department showed up last night and brought a huge watch tower that shoots up into the air 35 feet."

Jeremy Oliver, a resident of Temecula, California--a town that neighbors Murrieta--added, "The feds are pissed that they haven't been able to use this facility. Officers out there warned people that federal agents will be in Murrieta on Monday--they are going to get the next bus through no matter what. Riot gear and shields will be used to push the crowd back."

Regardless of what occurs on the ground today, most of the protesters claim they will stand their ground. 

"The administration thinks that if it floods our streets, in small town America, they can force immigration reform," Henry said. "These immigrants should not be here. The only reason that they are coming here is for political reasons."

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:07 PM
4 moms liked this

Good. This is out of control. I understand the need to get away from violence but this is a huge homeland security and public health issue (from what I reading now about them bringing diseases too). It's just a huge cluster...but I'm in Phoenix so...yeah....

PerseyG
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:14 PM
6 moms liked this
oh good. I expect all of these new young protestors at my McMansion tomorrow. my lawn will need tending and my pool needs cleaning since they decided to divert my landscaping crew.

They will get paid in free clean water and use of my gold-trimmed toilets just like my migrants did.
meriana
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Glad they're standing their ground and hope no one is injured.

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this
idiocy run amok, there is nothing to be proud of or to get behind.
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM

LMAO...the photo makes me BELIEVE that they are bad to let the illegals through, considering the "legals" are the ones protesting ...hahahahaha

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:34 PM
2 moms liked this

No, they didn't divert them. The buses never went north. They went from Lindbergh Field to San Ysidro. Breitbart gets a "fail" for fact errors.

Border Patrol has specifically NOT been saying where any of the buses are going, but they haven't tried to go north since last Tuesday.

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:39 PM
3 moms liked this
aimeelu
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM
6 moms liked this

They should be bussing these people back to Mexico and let Mexico deal with.

Obama has a phone and a pen. He could use both.  All it would take to end this mess is an executive order.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)