Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

S/O The Ethics of Traditional and Non-traditional Families

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:06 PM
  • 125 Replies
4 moms liked this
One of the biggest arguments the anti-LGBT people make against gay marriage/adoption/surrogacy/ect. is that 'two men or two women are not biologically compatible for procreation".

No. They aren't compatible but should the ability to breed with one another be a legit consideration for a legal marriage?

Wouldn't this argument also apply to any sterile man or woman? What about couples who can't have children with each other do to the risk of a genetic condition like Tay-Sachs? Should they be denied the right to marry? Should a younger man be denied the right to marry a post-menopausel woman?

Discuss.

/
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
latashac
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
As long as it is a man and a woman they could care less about the circumstances.
PerseyG
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this
You'd think but if I got a dollar for every time the OP reason was stated as a "legit argument" against the gay community, I have my own hot pink Maserati convertible.

Quoting latashac: As long as it is a man and a woman they could care less about the circumstances.
latashac
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:46 PM
2 moms liked this
You could probably buy me one too :)

They focus so hard on the little things. They don't even seem to remember that these are human beings they are talking about.

Quoting PerseyG: You'd think but if I got a dollar for every time the OP reason was stated as a "legit argument" against the gay community, I have my own hot pink Maserati convertible.

Quoting latashac: As long as it is a man and a woman they could care less about the circumstances.
PerseyG
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Maseratis for all!

In all seriousness though, I would like to see if they can make a sound, logical argument as to why LGBTs are singled-out with the procreation clause.

and "G-d made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve" does not count. at all. ever. Nyet.

Quoting latashac: You could probably buy me one too :)

They focus so hard on the little things. They don't even seem to remember that these are human beings they are talking about.

Quoting PerseyG: You'd think but if I got a dollar for every time the OP reason was stated as a "legit argument" against the gay community, I have my own hot pink Maserati convertible.

JTROX
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Many have given the reason of a "genetic condition" for why relatives shoulnd be denied the right to marry.

ladymaleficent
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
O this again....
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:19 PM
4 moms liked this
The group is called Current Events and Hot Topics and...well, this is a hot topic. No one is forcing you to participate in the post.

Quoting ladymaleficent: O this again....
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
There are exactly ZERO sound, logical arguments.

Quoting PerseyG: Maseratis for all!

In all seriousness though, I would like to see if they can make a sound, logical argument as to why LGBTs are singled-out with the procreation clause.

and "G-d made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve" does not count. at all. ever. Nyet.

Quoting latashac: You could probably buy me one too :)

Kaya529
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Eh, doesn't really matter what they think. They are fighting a losing battle.
stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 11, 2014 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this

It could apply to many situations. It shouldn't apply to any.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)