Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

"War on Women:" Kendall Jones (Response)

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:19 AM
  • 113 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm pretty pissed that Mike Dickinson, a VA Dem who is seeking election, is posting a reward for a naked picture of Kendall Jones.  Outside of the request itself, I'm really pissed that I've not heard anything from the War on Women crowd.  A woman who is killing wild animals (distasteful, but apparently legal) is having the nation encouraged against her to get her naked and take pictures of her!

Could you see that happening to a man?! 

There have been kill pages on Facebook for her.  They finally took those down, but they existed with no outcry from the same people practically built a human shield around Sandra Fluke when anyone called her a 'slut.'

Don't get why I'm upset?  Was there a public ransom for a sex tape or a naked picture of Sandra Fluke?  No, and had there been she'd have the liberal world up in arms ready to rip this guy apart.  Not that I wanted that for Fluke, but to disagree with her was hate against women, period.  Since he's a Dem it's okay and this is perfectly acceptable.  We should just rape her too once she's naked and vulnerable, right?  That'll teach her not to have a weapon and shoot cute, cuddly zoo animals - screw all the male hunters out there, we'll just tsk, tsk them!

I'm just so frustrated at this attitude to only get offended or give a crap when it fits or is coming from the opposing side.  I guess since he's a Dem it's okay to launch an attack on this woman.  Just like you can't say anything bad about Hillary Clinton or risk being sexist and having a war on women, but calling Sarah Palin a 'cunt' is just what she deserves.  I mean, that's just being 'honest.'  So annoyed at this War on Women that only includes the lefts carefully selected women.  The war only exists when it's a woman on the left wanting to run the streets naked or have free abortions.

Having read most of the comments let me clarify a few things.

*There is no War on Women.  The "War on Women" is a tactic, mostly utilized by the left, to create an image of victimization and oppression where, largely, it's not.  My beliefs stem from seeing attacks that happen to women on the right or conservative go unnoticed or be considered justified while the same type of attacks that happen to the left are considered to be "war on women." 

*"That's nonsense!  I've never heard of this woman!"  That only goes along with my point.  Guns, hunting, and expensive hobby are not liberal or left traits.  So, she does not qualify to be a victim worth protecting in "War on Women."  So whoever/whatever it is that you are following/subscribing to, if you are on the left, probably isn't covering this.  It isn't a news story because it's not apart of the "War on Women."  Regardless if you agree with what she is doing it's apparently legal and she can afford to do it, so having death groups and inappropriate requests for and about her sex life or body are wrong and should be apart of the "war."

*"If you are so pissed off then go do something about it.  You Republicans aren't as loud as us Liberals."  That is true.  We don't raise a stink when our female representatives are asked for their cup size or called whores.  Why?  Because apart of our beliefs is responsibility.  If you run for office, get on a public soap box, post pictures of yourself online with dead animals, or throw yourself into the public spotlight then you have a responsibility to prepare for the recourse of your actions.  When we do tend to make a fuss about the line being crossed it is generally ignored by those who claim there is a war on women.  Seriously, it seems like our women can be raped in a public square and the "War on Women" crowd just sorta shrugs and mumbles, "she was asking for it."

*"Dickinson doesn't represent the Democrates and he's an idiot who I'd never vote for him because he's a douche bag!"  Yea, I've said the same thing for every stupid Republican who has said stupid things.  However, when something stupid is said, like, "You can't get pregnant from rape because your body naturally won't get pregnant" (Todd Akin -R) it's as if he is the spokesman for the Republican party.  Since stupid people litter all parties the next time one from the opposing side says something no one without brain damage would accept try not to make him the poster boy for the other party.  As you can see, it's a pain in the ass to be responsible for the stupid things falling out of everyone's mouth.

Just a few responses to the many redundant responses I've seen.

Thanks!

by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:32 AM
3 moms liked this
This is the first I'm hearing of a public reward for a naked picture of Kendall. That's not OK regardless of who is asking for it. Perhaps the difference is that Rush Limbaugh didn't rant about it on his waste of air time.

I have no idea what your babbling about with Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin. Really, I need coffee to delve into that. Palin is incompetent, no need to start calling her names, she opens her mouth and makes a fool of herself all on her own.
12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Well said.

clapping

WildPowerMom
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:38 AM

There's some YouTube videos of things that have been said about left leaning ladies in politics and right leaning ladies in politics.  Neither side is 100% fair or sexless in their approach to disagreeing with them.  However, the left hosts and comedians have outright called some right women cunts and whores and the like without much response.  It seems that if a right leaning person or organization calls a left lady something as awful as a old maid they are forced into a public apology. 

That is what I'm referring to with the Hillary and Palin thing.  I think Hillary is an awful idea!  Her not folding sooner when Obama had clearly beat her in the primaries tells me that she's more of a wolf in sheeps clothing than we are made to think.

Maybe it's my own bias, but I subscribed to a lot of groups to follow and read.  Which is fun when an event happens and I can see how different groups spin the story.  This Kendall thing has had no outcry from the left, they are just pissed that she's got a hunting hobby.  They don't care about her liberties or freedoms, but if she were a man this wouldn't be news.

Quoting quickbooksworm: This is the first I'm hearing of a public reward for a naked picture of Kendall. That's not OK regardless of who is asking for it. Perhaps the difference is that Rush Limbaugh didn't rant about it on his waste of air time. I have no idea what your babbling about with Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin. Really, I need coffee to delve into that. Palin is incompetent, no need to start calling her names, she opens her mouth and makes a fool of herself all on her own.

MonarchMom22
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:47 AM

I believe the Facebook page was taken down because of the rude and hostile comments toward her.  Lots of people also thought that was out of line and not to be tolerated. I very much doubt every hostile post was from a "left" person. 

As to the statement about a naked photo?  I didn't read that but it is totally wrong. totally demeaning and is a way of advocating sexual punishment or humiliation for women who's actions you don't like.  In that way, it was very similar to Rush Limbaughs statements. 

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:48 AM
5 moms liked this
The left is much more liberal in their language because they don't appeal to the extreme religious groups. We have also learned that the best way to give something attention is to be loud about it. There was no outcry about asking for naked pictures and it went away. I'd need the full story on why the politician was asking for it. Perhaps it was a flippant response to something. I don't know. This is the first I'm hearing of it and you hardly are an authority on the topic. Pictures of someone killing endangered animals would have pissed off the left regardless of gender. The media picked it up because she's a cheerleader and not a redneck.

If you're most bothered by Hillary not folding in the primaries then you need to pay more attention. There are plenty of other things to get upset with. But even though she makes mistakes, she is for the most part competent which can't be said for Palin.

Quoting WildPowerMom:

There's some YouTube videos of things that have been said about left leaning ladies in politics and right leaning ladies in politics.  Neither side is 100% fair or sexless in their approach to disagreeing with them.  However, the left hosts and comedians have outright called some right women cunts and whores and the like without much response.  It seems that if a right leaning person or organization calls a left lady something as awful as a old maid they are forced into a public apology. 

That is what I'm referring to with the Hillary and Palin thing.  I think Hillary is an awful idea!  Her not folding sooner when Obama had clearly beat her in the primaries tells me that she's more of a wolf in sheeps clothing than we are made to think.

Maybe it's my own bias, but I subscribed to a lot of groups to follow and read.  Which is fun when an event happens and I can see how different groups spin the story.  This Kendall thing has had no outcry from the left, they are just pissed that she's got a hunting hobby.  They don't care about her liberties or freedoms, but if she were a man this wouldn't be news.

Quoting quickbooksworm: This is the first I'm hearing of a public reward for a naked picture of Kendall. That's not OK regardless of who is asking for it. Perhaps the difference is that Rush Limbaugh didn't rant about it on his waste of air time.

I have no idea what your babbling about with Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin. Really, I need coffee to delve into that. Palin is incompetent, no need to start calling her names, she opens her mouth and makes a fool of herself all on her own.

WildPowerMom
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:54 AM

http://politics.suntimes.com/article/washington/virginia-democrat-ill-pay-100k-nude-pics-kendall-jones/thu-07102014-316pm  From a Chicago paper.  I'm not an authority on it, but it doesn't surprise me that you've not heard about it.  It was from a Dem, so that's a-okay.

Just one example of how Hillary isn't a good person.  There are tons of reasons to not like her.  "What difference does it make" comes to mind. 

Quoting quickbooksworm: The left is much more liberal in their language because they don't appeal to the extreme religious groups. We have also learned that the best way to give something attention is to be loud about it. There was no outcry about asking for naked pictures and it went away. I'd need the full story on why the politician was asking for it. Perhaps it was a flippant response to something. I don't know. This is the first I'm hearing of it and you hardly are an authority on the topic. Pictures of someone killing endangered animals would have pissed off the left regardless of gender. The media picked it up because she's a cheerleader and not a redneck. If you're most bothered by Hillary not folding in the primaries then you need to pay more attention. There are plenty of other things to get upset with. But even though she makes mistakes, she is for the most part competent which can't be said for Palin.
Quoting WildPowerMom:

Quoting quickbooksworm: This is the first I'm hearing of a public reward for a naked picture of Kendall. That's not OK regardless of who is asking for it. Perhaps the difference is that Rush Limbaugh didn't rant about it on his waste of air time. I have no idea what your babbling about with Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin. Really, I need coffee to delve into that. Palin is incompetent, no need to start calling her names, she opens her mouth and makes a fool of herself all on her own.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:00 AM
That isn't why I haven't heard about it. I don't want to hear anything about someone killing animals so if I saw or heard he name I'd flip to something else. It is not OK he said that but I need context. I don't read the Sun Times because they have made so many errors by using user submissions instead of actual journalists that its hardly credible now.

Quoting WildPowerMom:

http://politics.suntimes.com/article/washington/virginia-democrat-ill-pay-100k-nude-pics-kendall-jones/thu-07102014-316pm  From a Chicago paper.  I'm not an authority on it, but it doesn't surprise me that you've not heard about it.  It was from a Dem, so that's a-okay.

Just one example of how Hillary isn't a good person.  There are tons of reasons to not like her.  "What difference does it make" comes to mind. 

Quoting quickbooksworm: The left is much more liberal in their language because they don't appeal to the extreme religious groups. We have also learned that the best way to give something attention is to be loud about it. There was no outcry about asking for naked pictures and it went away. I'd need the full story on why the politician was asking for it. Perhaps it was a flippant response to something. I don't know. This is the first I'm hearing of it and you hardly are an authority on the topic. Pictures of someone killing endangered animals would have pissed off the left regardless of gender. The media picked it up because she's a cheerleader and not a redneck.

If you're most bothered by Hillary not folding in the primaries then you need to pay more attention. There are plenty of other things to get upset with. But even though she makes mistakes, she is for the most part competent which can't be said for Palin.

Quoting WildPowerMom:

Quoting quickbooksworm: This is the first I'm hearing of a public reward for a naked picture of Kendall. That's not OK regardless of who is asking for it. Perhaps the difference is that Rush Limbaugh didn't rant about it on his waste of air time.

Iconoclast
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:05 AM
5 moms liked this
Was this woman attacked (not physically) because she isn't liberal or because she kills animals? If it is the later then why are you bringing up liberals? Are conservatives breaking their necks to human shield and protect one of their own? Or are they (and you) too busy trying to play "gotcha" to actually put any energy into what matters?

I really love the part where you state you get mad when someone voices opinions when it fits their side. Brilliant, was this vent an example of that? Did the hypocrisy escape you?

And then to run your non point home you decide to make a empty snide remark about abortions. Hahaha. No need for the war on women when we have people like you. This is too much!
WildPowerMom
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Meh, when you get a chance just google "Kendall Jones naked pictures" and there are tons of articles, groups, news outlets, and so on to give you what you need.

Quoting quickbooksworm: That isn't why I haven't heard about it. I don't want to hear anything about someone killing animals so if I saw or heard he name I'd flip to something else. It is not OK he said that but I need context. I don't read the Sun Times because they have made so many errors by using user submissions instead of actual journalists that its hardly credible now.

WildPowerMom
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, no, I completely believe in the psychology that we see what we want to see or what annoys us.  If you think motorcycle drivers are bad drivers you are more likely to notice bad motorcycle drivers and not notice good motorcycle drivers. 

I'm a conservative Republican and so I'm told "my side" is on a War against Women.  You know, we don't favor abortions, so don't want to offer all 20 BC pills, we like bras, and SAHMs, and all the missles that are apparently being launched at all of us poor, defenseless women.  So, I apparently want women in the 1800's with no rights and girdles.  None of my right leaning friends feel this way about the Reps stance on things, only my lefty friends.

So, yes, when a possible elective man wants naked pictures of a woman who has a hobby he doesn't like, I notice.  I notice because I'm not seeing it hit the left groups I'm following or members of, because it goes unnoticed.  Now, when some wanna-be elective on the right says something stupid like, "pregnancy won't happen during rape unless the woman wants it" and there are tons of backlash. 

Maybe I'm just only noticing it when it is against someone who supposedly represents "my side."  I'll give you that.  But wanting to degrade a woman by wanting her nude picture as a trophy not being even noted seems so far fetched and so extreme in what should be considered a War on Women that I'm pissed not a single left friend or group even noticed.  It's not like it's only on The Blaze or only Rush is talking about it - it is in newspapers all over.  But, meh, she kills animals and smiles for the camera about it.  If she was smiling at the camera and getting an abortion then that'd be fine.

Quoting Iconoclast: Was this woman attacked (not physically) because she isn't liberal or because she kills animals? If it is the later then why are you bringing up liberals? Are conservatives breaking their necks to human shield and protect one of their own? Or are they (and you) too busy trying to play "gotcha" to actually put any energy into what masters? I really love the part where you state you get mad when someone voices Ilion when it fits their side. Brilliant, was this vent an example of that? Did the hypocrisy escape you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)