Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

another "legal" gun owner loses his nuts

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM
KK
  • 269 Replies
2 moms liked this

Cheese and Rice people are crazy!  Our good friend had a gun pulled on him by an 80 year old man on the 4th of July.  

Their neighborhood (the entire block) was lighting off fireworks, when this crazy idiot drove down and started yelling at the kids.  Our friend walked over to speak to the man who continued to yell at him to stop lighting off fireworks. (it was 11:15 pm)  Our friend said they were almost done only had a few small ones left and they would be done and said he realized it was loud and they would hurry up.   He apologized for the noise and insisted they would be done very quickly.  

The man decided that wasn't good enough and pulled a damn gun on our friend and actually pulled the trigger.  Thankfully the idiot hadn't taken the safety off and while he was fumbling with the safety our friend was able to grab the gun and twist it out of his hands.  

The man took off while they were still wrestling for the gun and drug our friend down the road.  

Thankfully the cops confiscated the idiots guns while they investigate.  He should have been taken into custody and arrested on the spot.  

I'm of the mindset that regular pysch evals need to be part of the concealed weapons licensing review.  

by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:34 AM
4 moms liked this

11:15 fireworks would piss me off and I would have called the cops on this guy for shooting them off.  He wouldn't stop he should have when he was to nicely.

PerseyG
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Guns and the 4th seem to be volitile combo. here in cleveland, a few years ago, a fireman went beserk and murdered people at his neighbor's house because their party noise and firecrackers "annoyed" him. He went and got a gun and executed innocent Independence Day revelers.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM
2 moms liked this
That is insane!

I will say, though, it sounded like Sumner was being carpet bombed until about midnight. Don't know where your friend lives, but I was getting quite edgy by 11:00. It all started around 8:30. I felt so bad for combat veterans who had to listen to all that. I've never heard anything like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

they would have told you they weren't breaking the law if you were here.  

Quoting numbr1wmn:

11:15 fireworks would piss me off and I would have called the cops on this guy for shooting them off.  He wouldn't stop he should have when he was to nicely.

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

He isn't in Sumner.  Our neighborhood was horrible.  It sounded like they were trying to bomb the crap out of each other but thankfully at midnight it all just stopped.  Oh and the biggest culprit, the cop at the end of the block.  :) 

We didn't end up going to Eastern Washington until the next morning and boy did I regret the choice.  

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom: That is insane! I will say, though, it sounded like Sumner was being carpet bombed until about midnight. Don't know where your friend lives, but I was getting quite edgy by 11:00. It all started around 8:30. I felt so bad for combat veterans who had to listen to all that. I've never heard anything like it.

.veni.vidi.vici
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:38 AM

surprised

lonelymoon
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:40 AM
He was probably an old vet and the noise had him thinking he was in combat. I personally would have stopped the fireworks. Yes I agree. A psych evaluation wouldn't hurt. That is scary. I'm glad everyone was ok.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:40 AM
6 moms liked this
This could have been solved had the firework guy had his own gun.

Murca!
numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Many places have sound ordinances. I am glad I am in one.  11:pm is rude to be shooting them off.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:43 AM
14 moms liked this

rude, probably..  But we don't shoot people for being rude.  Well sensible people don't.  Those that think "rude" is reason to pull a gun on someone don't need to own one.  

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Many places have sound ordinances. I am glad I am in one.  11:pm is rude to be shooting them off.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN