Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:04 AM
  • 34 Replies

The U.S. Department of Justice has sent a member of its Community Relations Service team to investigate a Nebraska parade float that criticized President Obama.

A Fourth of July parade float featured at the annual Independence Day parade in Norfolk sparked criticism when it depicted a zombie-like figure resembling Mr. Obama standing outside an outhouse, which was labeled the “Obama Presidential Library.”

The Nebraska Democratic Party called the float one of the “worst shows of racism and disrespect for the office of the presidency that Nebraska has ever seen.”

The Omaha World-Herald reported Friday that the Department of Justice sent a CRS member who handles discrimination disputes to a Thursday meeting about the issue.

Also at the meeting were the NAACP, Norfolk mayor Sue Fuchtman and the Norfolk Odd Fellows, which coordinated the parade.

The float’s creator, Dale Remmich, has said the mannequin depicted himself, not President Obama. He said he is upset with the president’s handling of the Veterans Affairs Department, the World-Herald reported.

“Looking at the float, that message absolutely did not come through,” said NAACP chapter president Betty C. Andrews.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/13/doj-investigates-obama-presidential-library-parade/#ixzz37Ro4imkS 
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:25 AM
They'll find that Dale and the Oddfellows are just trying to live up to their name.
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:32 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting VooDooB:

Also at the meeting were the NAACP, Norfolk mayor Sue Fuchtman and the Norfolk Odd Fellows, which coordinated the parade.

Odd no one from the IRS was at the meeting.  I'm sure Holder will be sending them an email.

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:38 AM
5 moms liked this

Hahaha They react on this but Vets are dying, people died in Bengazi, IRS is getting a pass, Fast and furious and they are foolishly investigating this?  Wow

Dictatorship here we come.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

The Community Relations Service (CRS) is part of the United States Department of Justice. The office is intended as a peacemaker "for community conflicts and tensions arising from differences of race, color, and national origin" and was created by the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Originally under the Department of Commerce it was moved to the Department of Justice by order of President Johnson. - 

If an investigation is warranted, seems like the perfect group to peacefully investigate.

I guess the fools are getting the attention they sought.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Hahaha They react on this but Vets are dying, people died in Bengazi, IRS is getting a pass, Fast and furious and they are foolishly investigating this?  Wow

I guess I misunderstood all the yammering for the last few years. I thought your group had already deemed BO a communist, Muslim dictator?

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:58 AM
6 moms liked this
Holy FUCK, are they serious? Holder drags his ass on the IRS but races to this? What a fucking racist dick!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jul. 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Why is it a liberal that constantly brings up race or relgion? I didn't say that.

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

I guess I misunderstood all the yammering for the last few years. I thought your group had already deemed BO a communist, Muslim dictator?

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jul. 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Yep. Priorities my friend.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: Holy FUCK, are they serious? Holder drags his ass on the IRS but races to this? What a fucking racist dick!!

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 14, 2014 at 10:29 AM

They wanted 15 minutes of fame, they are getting it.  

meriana
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I always think of parade floats as being pretty, having a funny theme, etc. but that thing is just plain ugly not to mention in poor taste. But as others have said, they're getting the attention they wanted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN