Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Eddie Vedder Responds To Outrage Over Comments That Were Called 'Anti-Israel'

Pema_Jampa
Today at 2:54 PM
Rachel Platten - Fight Song (Official Lyric Video)

"Fight Song" is now available on iTunes! Download it here: http://smarturl.it/fightsong Don't forget to share and subscribe for more music! Check out my soci...

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:36 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

Eddie Vedder Responds To Outrage Over Comments That Were Called 'Anti-Israel'

EDDIE VEDDER 2014Pearl Jam lead singer Eddie Vedder wrote a plea for peace on his band's website following the controversy that erupted after Vedder was slammed for speaking a so-called "anti-Israel diatribe" during a recent Pearl Jam concert.

"With about a dozen assorted ongoing conflicts in the news everyday, and with the stories becoming more horrific, the level of sadness becomes unbearable," Vedder wrote in the piece, which was published by PearlJam.com on Wednesday. "And what becomes of our planet when that sadness becomes apathy? Because we feel helpless. And we turn our heads and turn the page."

Vedder found himself in hot water after remarks he made onstage in Milton Keynes, England on July 11. During an extended tag after performing Pearl Jam's hit song "Daughter," Vedder extolled the virtues of modern technology before expressing despair over the world's ongoing wars and conflicts. "At the same time that something this positive is happening, at the same f****** time, not even that far away, they're f****** dropping bombs on each other," Vedder said. "What the f****** f***?"

Continued Vedder: "I swear to f****** God, there are people out there who are looking for a reason to kill. They're looking for a reason to go across borders and take over land that doesn't belong to them. They should get the f*** out, and mind their own f******* business."

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:00 PM
4 moms liked this

I love Pearl Jam.  I love Eddie Vedder too.  Nothing anti-Israel; a plea for peace

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
What she said.

Quoting snookyfritz:

I love Pearl Jam.  I love Eddie Vedder too.  Nothing anti-Israel; a plea for peace

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Agreed, and his remarks aren't all that shocking in light of his history of activism.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Eddie!

He's right.
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:33 PM
If those are his words, exactly how are they "Anti-Israel"?

Am I missing something?
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:47 PM

so being anti Israel is a bad thing?...considering theyre killing off people like theyre ants.  Those who arent anti Israel should be looked upon badly IMO.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:49 PM
I'm anti killing people for bullshit reasons that go back thousands of years, regardless of who they are.

Quoting turtle68:

so being anti Israel is a bad thing?...considering theyre killing off people like theyre ants.  Those who arent anti Israel should be looked upon badly IMO.

MelanieJK
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Shut up and perform.     Nobody paid to hear this crap at a concert.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Eddie Feeder rocks my world. I see nothing anti Israel about what was said.
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM
3 moms liked this

well....so am I,  but sometimes those conflicts erupt and become so badly lopsided that others need to focus in on those doing the most human damage....and point the finger where it belongs.  IMO that is Israel at this point.  What makes it worse is that its all ok to hate on Hamas and the Palestians, mainly because if you place Terrorist in front of the group its always going to be bad....yet someone dares to voice their opinion of how fucked up Israel is being and its ...whoooooooooa whoooooooooa you just cant be saying that shit?!?!

Fortunately Im not American and dont feel any guilt in saying that the Israeli government are just murdering Palestinians and they are fuckwits because of it.

Quoting quickbooksworm: I'm anti killing people for bullshit reasons that go back thousands of years, regardless of who they are.
Quoting turtle68:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)