Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hamas uses women and children as shields.

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:17 AM
  • 171 Replies

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/182940#.U8k6I3bD_cs

Economics Minister Naftali Bennett rejected criticism from leftist NGOs over Israel's military operation against terrorist rocket fire from Gaza, and said the moment Hamas decided to invest in improving the lives of the people of Gaza instead of attacking Israel, the Jewish state would be first in line to help.

In an interview with the BBC's Gaza correspondent, Bennett was asked "what it would take" for Israel to end Operation Protective Edge. His answer was simple, and echoed statements by other senior officials, including Prime Minister Netanyahu: "for Hamas to stop shooting rockets and missiles at Israel... they just need to stop... and this whole thing will go away."

"Hamas has decided to export misery and terror on its own citizens and it's shooting rockets across Israel," he continued, noting that his own infant children were currently being forced to run to bomb shelters in central Israel. "If they decide to stop and disarm the whole thing will stop within one second."

Responding to criticism over the civilian death toll in Gaza as a result of IDF strikes, the Jewish Home party leader said that Hamas was responsible for those deaths given its use of human shields in violation of international law.

"Hamas is killing its own children and women" by "placing missile launchers within schools, within hospitals and within homes," he said.

"It's putting its own women and children as human shields and by doing that it's killing its own people."

He called on the Islamist group to "stop that cowardly and cynical action of hiding missile launchers within women and children and shooting at my home."

Bennett also dismissed criticism from leftist "human rights" groups, retorting that "those human rights groups criticize Israel whatever we do -even if we hand out chocolate they'll criticize us. They're irrelevant."

What was relevant, he continued, was the fact that after Israel left Gaza completely in 2005 amid promises that the Palestinian Authority would take the opportunity to build a peaceful, stable "Singapore of the Middle East", it instead witnessed a rapid takeover by Hamas and the establishment of "a fortress of terror."

"If at any moment Hamas decides that they want to invest their money in building their economy... in creating a prosperous country down there we'll give them all the backing. They have to decide... do you want to fight or create peace?"

Hamas rejected a ceasefire proposal brokered by Egypt Tuesday morning, choosing instead to fire more than 80 rockets into southern and central Israel and provoking international condemnation. After several hours of restraint, the IDF resumed its airstrikes on Gaza Tuesday afternoon.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu pointed out earlier in the day that a Hamas rejection of the ceasefire would leave Israel with no choice but to continue and expand its military operation. He called on "responsible members of the international community" to offer Israel their "full support" as it exercised its "right to self-defense."

by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Wait...they are worried about the health safety of the women and children in the area they are bombing?

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:49 AM
6 moms liked this

I am not a huge Hamas fan, I'm more of a P.F.L.P. supporter (which is a Hamas rival) mainly because I know the history of Hamas and how originally the Zionist regime built them and made them what they are to counter act the more feared PLO who Fatah is an off shoot off. It back fired on them.

Having said that I am not Palestinian, I am not a Gazan, I am not one who voted and elected them I am not the one who needs them to send my children to school and put food on my table so I have no motive or reason to defend them but the truth is this is western reporting. This is why I only watch about 150 out the 400 available channels from the rest of the world I have.

They do not use their family's and civilians as "human shields" that is a long standing made made up bull shit by the Zionist regime and the west in their claim as "defending" them self when when civilians get killed or injured. Just as they had no human shield in front of the facility/hospital for the disabled and just as those 3 boys 9 - 14 were no shield when they were alone on the side of the road playing Backgammon and got blown to pieces.

StarburstKisses
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:53 AM
4 moms liked this

Well, they are. They hide among the civilians. They refused the cease fire. They are the ones choosing to keep this going. Instead of saying, "Hey, wait a minute - Israel is defending itself because WE are bombing them. If WE stop launching rockets at them, this can all end. No more Palestinians need to die." Will they ever say that? Nope. To them, the Palestinian people are nothing more than a shield. Quite literally. They don't care, but they pretend to when they die. "Now look what you've done!" and they shake their fingers at Israel. "How dare you!". No no no, I think EVERYONE should be shouting, "HOW DARE YOU?!" How dare YOU hide behind innocent people, women, children, babies?! How dare YOU try to turn this around on people protecting themselves because of your ruthless onslaught? How dare YOU not take any responsibility and ownership of your actions, that YOU are the cause of this!

Yet...how many are willing to say that? The Gaza citizens need to stand together and force hamas out. If you see weapons, either get away or demand that they be taken somewhere else. Take a stand. Say enough is enough, get the fuck out! In my opinion, it should have already been happening (people standing up against these people) before the first death. After the first, second, third, especially! I can't fathom why they're standing by letting this go on, unless they support it? Despite knowing that Israel will not stand by and let their country be attacked. In which case, shame on the parents too, and anyone who supports them for that matter. (Not the Palestinian people, but rather hamas) 

StarburstKisses
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:00 PM
3 moms liked this

What would you call the video of a man disguising his rockets in a food cart and launches it towards Israel in a residential area? If they are firing their rockets amongst civilians, amongst their homes, then yes - they are using them as human shields.  Especially with the knowledge that Israel will not stand idly by while they are being bombarded with missles. 

What I don't understand is why the people of Gaza will not stand together and say enough is enough and kick these people out? Make them take their weapons somewhere else. I would think they would have done so before the first death, but after repeated deaths (especially the children's) I wonder why no one has stood up to them? The only thing that comes to mind is that they support them, that or they are scared to do so? 

I think it's a crying damn shame that Hamas fires its missles while among the citizens there and when Israel fires back they shake their finger and say, "Shame on you!" for targeting citizens! How about Hamas just stops firing missles into Israel? Then Israel will not fire back! To me these people do not take accountability for their actions. They are not real men or women, what they are doing is dishonorable to say the least. It is disgusting and outrageous and I wish - oh how i wish - the people there would stand together and shout in a unison voice, "Enough is enough! No more will we die because of your ignorance!" 

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

I am not a huge Hamas fan, I'm more of a P.H.E.L.P. supporter (which is a Hamas rival) mainly because I know the history of Hamas and how originally the Zionist regime built them and made them what they are to counter act the more feared PLO who Fatah is an off shoot off. It back fired on them.

Having said that I am not Palestinian, I am not a Gazan, I am not one who voted and elected them I am not the one who needs them to send my children to school and put food on my table so I have no motive or reason to defend them but the truth is this is western reporting. This is why I only watch about 150 out the 400 available channels from the rest of the world I have.

They do not use their family's and civilians as "human shields" that is a long standing made made up bull shit by the Zionist regime and the west in their claim as "defending" them self when when civilians get killed or injured. Just as they had no human shield in front of the facility/hospital for the disabled and just as those 3 boys 9 - 14 were no shield when they were alone on the side of the road playing Backgammon and got blown to pieces.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:00 PM
8 moms liked this

Western propaganda bullshit. They don't have a fucking military and Israel is slaughtering them. Bullshit. 

angelaicky
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Israel is very wrong.... The whole world is watching
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:05 PM
2 moms liked this

It takes 2 willing sides to continue a decades+ confrontation-

Sorry, I do not feel sorry for either group. It could end- 

Apparently neither is willing to compromise.

Give them a random, unidentified child- see which side is willing to slice the child in half and which is willing to place the child in the arms of the other side and walk away.

I bet with these 2 groups, both would willingly rip the child by its limbs to get the bigger piece.

StarburstKisses
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this

You know, I think they showed they really don't give a damn when they refused the cease fire. I think that should stop all the talk from people who are against Israel defending itself. Shaking their fingers at Israel saying, "How dare you!". Well, where is the outcry towards Hamas? They had a chance to stop the fighting, to take a break in it and no more people would die - yet they refused to do so. These are the same people who DO fire rockets amongst the citizens there! Clearly they DO NOT CARE! The ONLY reason why there are not more fatalities on Israels side is because they have a missle defense system. Gaza does not, Hamas knows this. Seriously people, where is the outcry against them?! I am not there, I cannot go there, but if I could I would personally get together with people and stand up and say, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I don't care who you are, I don't care your religion, etc. When people are dropping dead, when the children of the community are being killed because of some assholes who are attacking another country - that's when people need to stand together. Overwhelm the sons of bitches and make it stop. What is going on, or what are the beliefs there that are preventing the citizens there from doing something? I just do not get it. In a hyptothetical situation, if this happened in my community I can guarantee you that we would all be on the streets sniffing these people out and their weapons and making them get the fuck out. Especially if any one of us lost a child. Deaths on either side are horrible, I think death in general is horrible. These people need to realize that it will not end unless the missles stop from their end and they need to step up and make it stop because Hamas has made it clear that not only do they NOT care, but they will not stop. 

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Why won't Hamas cease fire then?

StarburstKisses
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting mehamil1:

Western propaganda bullshit. They don't have a fucking military and Israel is slaughtering them. Bullshit. 

Why would they do that? Why would Hamas refuse the cease fire agreement? Why would Hamas fire missles into Israel amongst the Gaza citizens? Israel has stated that if Hamas stops, then they will stop. I do think Israel should stop firing missles into Gaza, but they should keep defending themselves. Why is there no outcry against hamas? I see plenty anti-zionist, anti-israel people in this thread. Why are you not outcrying what hamas is doing? Why only Israel? Not bashing, I'd really like to understand where you're coming from.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN