Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Israel Accused of War Crimes (UK Parliament)

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:49 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://www.care2.com/news/member/312733850/3789034

Highlights from a UK parliamentary debate in which MPs variously accused Israel of war crimes, disproportionate violence, ruining peace negotiations by building illegal settlements, running the worlds largest outdoor prison, collective punishment, and attacking water supplies, hospitals, supply centres and all manner of other civilian targets. I have edited out the contributions of Foreign Secretary, William Hague, because nearly all of them displayed a shameful lack of compassion for the sufferings of the Palestinian people (Hague is a prominent member of an organisation called the "Conservative Friends of Israel" and is well aware of the funding that involvement brings to his party and his own political campaigns)
The debate took place on the 14th of July 2014

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelaicky
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:35 AM
I was just looking at the photos of the dead, I feel sick. Im sure reading the comments to come will make me sicker, so im not sticking around. Thank you for the post, hope others watch it too.

Edit: damn they pulled me back in, im shutting off the modem now.
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:13 AM
5 moms liked this

Let's be real here. Israel has the military upper hand, they know were the missiles are, they could EASILY go in on the ground and extract them with little loss of life on both sides and in such a case they'd only be dealing with actual Hamas members.With their knowledge of where everything's hidden and their military abilities this could all have been done in less than 48 hours with few civilian casualties.

But no, instead Israel chooses to sit back and drop bombs on areas they know to be filled with innocents, including hospitals and schools.

They're making the conscious choice to do this in the most vile murderous way possible with no concern for the women and children they're killing in the process.

Della529
by Matlock on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I throw a rock and someone shoots me with a 30.06.

Yep, that's how it should be.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Bump

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Thanks for posting.  

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly! Israel could end this by much more peaceful means than how they have chosen. It really speaks volumes. They're not defending themselves, they're using that as an excuse to cause further harm. It's disgusting!

Quoting Arroree:

Let's be real here. Israel has the military upper hand, they know were the missiles are, they could EASILY go in on the ground and extract them with little loss of life on both sides and in such a case they'd only be dealing with actual Hamas members.With their knowledge of where everything's hidden and their military abilities this could all have been done in less than 48 hours with few civilian casualties.

But no, instead Israel chooses to sit back and drop bombs on areas they know to be filled with innocents, including hospitals and schools.

They're making the conscious choice to do this in the most vile murderous way possible with no concern for the women and children they're killing in the process.

nb34
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:38 PM

BUMP!

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Della529:

I throw a rock and someone shoots me with a 30.06.

Yep, that's how it should be.

psh..

that rock is a deadly weapon!

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this

And listen to Israeli officials  B and M about planes refusing to fly into Tel Avi-

$$$$$$$$$$$$- it talks.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)