Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW DO OTHER COUNTRIES HANDLE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:45 PM
  • 39 Replies

HOW DO OTHER COUNTRIES HANDLE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION?

How do other countries handle illegal immigration?

Documenting people who arrive in your country is an idea that makes sense. Lots of countries think so, even if the U.S. doesn’t take it seriously.

How do other countries handle illegals? SPOILER: They’re not as forgiving as we Americans.

Russia: Illegal border crossing is considered a crime, and “captured illegal border crossers have been sentenced to prison terms.” In October 2008, a North Korean was caught and detained as an “economic migrant.” He was forced to serve six months in Russian prison before being deported.

Italy: A law passed by parliament in 2009 “penalizes illegal immigrants with a fine of €5,000-10,000 and allows immigration officials to detain them for up to 6 months.”

China: Whisleblowers who report illegals to the government receive a cash reward when their information “leads to an expulsion.”

Australia: Passed the Migration Reform Act of 1992. This act and its subsequent amendments, “collectively require the authorities to detain all non-citizens who are discovered in Australia without a valid visa.”

Iran: According to Wikipedia, “Since late April 2007, the Iranian government has forcibly deported back to Afghanistan mostly unregistered (and some registered) Afghans living and working in Iran at a rate between 250,000 and 300,000 per year. The forceful evictions of the refugees, who lived in Iran and Pakistan for nearly three decades, are part of the two countries’ larger plans to repatriate all Afghan refugees within a few years.”

Mexico: Tightened its immigration laws in 2008, and has been deporting mass numbers of Central Americans and Cubans.

http://humanevents.com/2014/06/24/how-do-other-countries-handle-illegal-immigration/

You make people leave CM. You drive them away. There is a meaness and coldness in you that pushes people away and makes them cancel their CM accounts. I know a few of them.

- Iga

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momniscient
by Obama licker on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:58 PM

So move. I hear Iran is nice right now.

VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:08 PM
3 moms liked this

OOOOOOooooooo Good 'un!

Quoting Momniscient:

You make people leave CM. You drive them away. There is a meaness and coldness in you that pushes people away and makes them cancel their CM accounts. I know a few of them.

- Iga

Momniscient
by Obama licker on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Yep. Thanks.

I bet Russia would welcome you as well!

Quoting VooDooB:

OOOOOOooooooo Good 'un!

Quoting Momniscient:

1stmuslimah
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Most country's other than over lay of exchanging on going flights at the air port require permission which is obtained at their embassy's or through their consulate. Saudi goes to far as even requiring a certification from an known and legit Islamic organization stating one is a Muslim to enter some parts such as Mecca or Medina. If you try to enter these 2 city's without cetified  documentation that you are a Muslim you will be in prison.

VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Anything to contribute OT to the thread, or just more of the typical mouth diarrhea you're famous for when someone posts a thread topic that makes you asshurt?

Quoting Momniscient:

Yep. Thanks.

Quoting VooDooB:

OOOOOOooooooo Good 'un!

Quoting Momniscient:

- Iga

BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I laughed at Mexico tightening it's immigration laws.

But none of this will work here.  

Momniscient
by Obama licker on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Lol.

Comprehension got you down or are you just post diarrheaing over how ass hurt you are by Obama?

Hasn't he mentioned crack lately? Had to move on to fundraising didja? lol

I'm sure Mexico would be nicer for you. Try that.

Quoting VooDooB:

Anything to contribute OT to the thread, or just more of the typical mouth diarrhea you're famous for when someone posts a thread topic that makes you asshurt?

Quoting Momniscient:

Yep. Thanks.

Quoting VooDooB:

OOOOOOooooooo Good 'un!

Quoting Momniscient:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:22 PM

If this country cared about the immigration crisis we would not be having one.

At least that is what some claim.

VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with that claim.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

If this country cared about the immigration crisis we would not be having one.

At least that is what some claim.

- Iga

meriana
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:35 AM
2 moms liked this

And yet this country is somehow expected to just allow anyone who walks across the border to stay. Mexico may have tightened their own laws regarding immigration but they still expect their citizens to be able to stay here when they enter illegally

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)