Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

POLL: We attack each other's character here all the time, and it's acceptable. But what about our kids?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:21 PM
  • 92 Replies

Poll

Question: Bringing another poster's child(ren) up in a demeaning way as a dig towards your debater is fine here in CEHT. Yay or Nay?

Options:

NO (it's the lowest form of "debate" around, and we're too smart for that here in CEHT)

Yes (all is fair in debates and snark)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 82

View Results

Is bringing another poster's child(ren) up in a debate/argument in an isulting manner fair game or off limits?

I personally believe it's vile. I even can't stand it when someone drives their point home by saying "your children would be so proud" or "do you teach your kids to believe that" or anything at all that has to do with our kids. 

What say you?

You make people leave CM. You drive them away. There is a meaness and coldness in you that pushes people away and makes them cancel their CM accounts. I know a few of them.

- Iga

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I may be mistaken but I think it is against the rules to attack someone's children, someone's family.

It is the lowest of the low and a select few are known for it.  It usually is a way someone goes when they have nothing else to say and have already made fools of themselves.

You can debate the actions of one in a respectful manner and have a discussion.  Once you cross that line your own lack of character shines like a damn beacon in the dark.

BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Anyone who brings a persons child into this is scum.  

EmpireRegal
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:30 PM
I put no, but on a site about Motherhood there are probably topics of anger, like spanking, that would put the child into the debate
autodidact
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I will admit to saying shit about husbands when wives come on here complaining that they aren't allowed to spend money even when they work, or go out with friends, etc. 

but I hardly think it's fair for such women to bitch if they are given an honest opinion of their husbands actions or character when they come here (CM, not this group specifically) to vent. 

I will say I feel sorry for a kid if a parent's actions strike me as ridiculously strict or punitive: punishment for being gay, masturbating in the privacy of their own room, etc. 

but not the "I feel sorry for your kid having to be raised by you" crap. 

Pema_Jampa
Today at 2:24 PM
Jazzercise 1982 Original Workout 80's Video FUNNY COMPILATION Judi Sheppard Missett

Judi Sheppard Missett and her jazz moves in her 80s Shape Up with Jazzercise Exercise workout video. Jazzercise 1982 Original Workout FUNNY COMPILATION 80's ...

by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Disagree with bringing the kids into it. I heard that a CM member and her friends were talking smack about my daughter that I had one time as my avatar. Karma payed her a visit and she is no longer in this group. 

BTW why are you using a quote in your siggy from someone who isn't in this group anymore? That is rude and uncalled for. 

VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:34 PM
2 moms liked this

No she's still in this group. Does that make it better in your eyes?

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Disagree with bringing the kids into it. I heard that a CM member and her friends were talking smack about my daughter that I had one time as my avatar. Karma payed her a visit and she is no longer in this group. 

BTW why are you using a quote in your siggy from someone who isn't in this group anymore? That is rude and uncalled for. 

You make people leave CM. You drive them away. There is a meaness and coldness in you that pushes people away and makes them cancel their CM accounts. I know a few of them.

- Iga

OHgirlinCA
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Bringing one's children into a debate as a way to insult or demean the person is never ok in my book.

Pema_Jampa
Today at 2:24 PM
Jazzercise 1982 Original Workout 80's Video FUNNY COMPILATION Judi Sheppard Missett

Judi Sheppard Missett and her jazz moves in her 80s Shape Up with Jazzercise Exercise workout video. Jazzercise 1982 Original Workout FUNNY COMPILATION 80's ...

by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:37 PM
5 moms liked this

Are you allowed to do that? I do believe it's against TOS to use someone's comments outside of the threads where said comments were made. 

I mean shoot you want to make yourself look like a person that does things like that then go for it. No skin off my back. 

Remember voodoo..karma ;-)

Quoting VooDooB:

No she's still in this group. Does that make it better in your eyes?

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:44 PM

I think the issue is more complex than your poll allows/suggests.  As a parenting site the topic of one's children is going to come up.  When one's children are making poor choices or acting in a manner that is less than stellar AND a parent makes that public they are opening themselves up for opinions that may not be positive towards the behavior/actions of their children. 

Of course, things such as "your children must be assholes" or "what an ugly child, why is her nose orange"  is not what I'm speaking of but I don't see your examples as lining up with those.   As a parenting site, asking if a parent passes on their disgusting habits to their children is not out of line.  

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Anyone bring my child in anything and Ill trace your IP address and slit throats and kill puppies.

That's just me though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)