• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Man Kicked Off Flight After Tweeting About 'Rude' Gate Agent

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:59 PM
KK
  • 7 Replies

Complaining about a flight on Twitter has become common practice for frequent travelers, but for one Minneapolis man a tweet did more than get a response from the airline on social media.

He was asked to leave the plane — before eventually being allowed to re-board.

Duff Watson had priority status to board a Southwest Airlines flight from Denver to Minneapolis. At the gate, his two children were not allowed to join him in boarding early.

He tweeted about it: "Something to the effect of, ‘Wow, rudest agent in Denver. Kimberly S, gate C39, not happy @SWA,’” he told the local CBS station.

Then, after all three had reached their seats, Watson says the agent asked him and his family to de-board. Watson said the agent told him she felt threatened and that he had to delete the tweet.

"She said, 'You can’t board the plane unless you delete that tweet,'" he said. He deleted the tweet, and the family made it to Minneapolis.

Southwest Airlines told CBS a passenger was removed and then allowed to re-board, and that they were reviewing the incident.

“She said ‘I’m going to call the cops,’” Watson's daughter Lucy said. “I, like, thought something bad was going to happen, like my dad being in jail.”

Watson said the airline apologized by email, and offered a $50 voucher for all three family members, but he still plans never to fly Southwest again.

Southwest did not immediately respond to a request for comment by Mashable.

Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.

http://mashable.com/2014/07/23/southwest-flight-tweet/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
4music
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Seems everyone feels threatened these days. How do people even bring themselves to leave their homes.

ETA:  I was through Denver on SWA in May and think i may have had the same agent  ;)

I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an empereror just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away!
-Dennis
VooDooB
by corrupter on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:13 PM

I fucking hate tweets. I hate twitter! It's so stupid! I get twitchy the minute I read the word "tweet".

This in no way has anything to do with my fear of birds.

Twitter can fuck itself.

Sorry KK. I'll leave now.

The Ultimate Collection Of Will Ferrell Reaction GIFs

You make people leave CM. You drive them away. There is a meaness and coldness in you that pushes people away and makes them cancel their CM accounts. I know a few of them.

- Iga

BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Everyone feels threatened anymore today. Stupid gate guard.
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:15 PM

I'm not a twitter fan, but I find myself wondering how in the world they found the tweet before the flight took off and how in the world she felt threatened by it. 

Quoting VooDooB:

I fucking hate tweets. I hate twitter! It's so stupid! I get twitchy the minute I read the word "tweet".

Twitter can fuck itself.

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:18 PM
He shouldn't have used her name and location. I can see why she was nervous. Would have been fine if he had kept it generic and said employee and company they work for
kateshac
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:19 PM
It looks like he tagged SWA in the tweet. He also revealed the woman's name and location, which was rude, although I don't consider that threatening.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

I'm not a twitter fan, but I find myself wondering how in the world they found the tweet before the flight took off and how in the world she felt threatened by it. 

Quoting VooDooB:

Twitter can fuck itself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vettechmom88
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:19 PM

i hope he reposted it as soon as he landed. 

"Never judge a man by how he treats his peers, judge him by how he treats his inferiors." ~ Albus Dumbledore

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)