Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Gay NFL player Michael Sam hurts team like dogfighter Michael Vick

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:05 PM
  • 49 Replies

Fox’s Brian Kilmeade: Gay NFL player Michael Sam hurts team like dogfighter Michael Vick

Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:12 EDT

Fox News host Brian Kilmeade

Fox News host Brian Kilmeade this week compared to Michael Sam, the first openly-gay NFL player, to Michael Vick after he was convicted of dogfighting.

On the Wednesday edition of Fox & Friends, Kilmeade pointed out that former coach Tony Dungy had recently come under fire for saying that he would not have drafted Sam because he would have been a distraction.

“Sure, is the distraction bigger than what will occur on field?” co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck explained. “But he’s getting slammed. Tony Dungy is getting abused in the media. It’s a fact that this story is a big deal in the media. You know, Michael Sam, did he make it a big deal? Who knows?”

Co-host Steve Doocy defended Dungy’s right to “express his opinion,” and noted that the former coach had been called a hypocrite for helping Vick get his career back on track after he was sentenced to 23 months in federal prison for dogfighting and criminal conspiracy.

Vick and his partners reportedly admitted electrocuting, shooting, hanging, and beating dogs to death if they were not aggressive enough.

“Steve, to your point,” Kilmead added. “Michael Vick, coming out of prison, he was a distraction in the locker room because that’s a major story every time you walk in.”

As Media Matters observed on Wednesday, an ESPN survey found that 86 percent of players in the NFL were not concerned about having a gay teammate.

by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM
8 moms liked this

I am taking DEEP cleansing breathes. There is in MY mind absolutely NO comparison to M. Vick and Micheal Sam. Vick is a convicted felon. Micheal Sam is gay.  Vick tortured and killed dogs.  Micheal Sam loves someone.  Vick brought shame to his team. Micheal Sam is bringing pride to his, because being gay is okay. It is not illegal.  It is not something to be ashamed of.  Yes, he kissed his partner right on the mouth!  On national T.V.!  I am quite sure he won't be doing that at every game.  It is the media that keeps this whole thing going.  M Vick is slowly but surely fading.  We have yet to see what is ahead for Micheal Sam.  Maybe, if he wins MVP and kisses his partner right on the mouth, on national T.V.  he won't be compared to scum bags like Vick.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM
3 moms liked this
Dumbass.
PamR
by Pam on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:44 PM
7 moms liked this

Is low IQ a qualifier to be on Fox and Friends? 

latashac
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:49 PM

How did I know whose face I would see on this article??

ashellbell
by shellbark on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:11 PM
My goodness.
KenneMaw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I don't care who Michael Sam loves.  He needs to prove himself to be a good athlete on the field and a good teammate.  If he wants anything other than to help the Rams when, then yes, he is a distraction.  It is ridiculous that he is a such a big story - for being gay!  Not even for being that great of a ball player.   He is a media sensation but that may backfire if he can't run with the big dogs in the NFL.

GLWerth
by Gina on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:27 PM
7 moms liked this

I sometimes wonder if Brian Kilmeade has a guy standing off camera with signs (like cue cards) that remind him to breathe in, breathe out.

He's a special kind of dumb. The kind that makes me wonder how he manages to live his daily life without dying in some horrible shampoo accident.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM
It must be

Quoting PamR:

Is low IQ a qualifier to be on Fox and Friends? 

Shoota
by Lauren on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh fox and friends. You make me laugh, cause your stupid.
Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry but as soon as I read that it had anything what so ever to do with Faux news, I can't help but just laugh and roll my eyes. Do people even still take them remotely serious anymore?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)