Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NASA: Earth nearly destroyed 2 years ago

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:21 PM
  • 13 Replies

NASA: Earth nearly destroyed 2 years ago

VIDEO: Solar flare nearly destroyed Earth 
NASA says a solar flare nearly destroyed our planet back in 2012.

Friday, July 25, 2014
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (WPVI) --
NASA officials have confirmed that earth was nearly destroyed two-years-ago when a solar storm was occurring.

The close call happened on July 23, 2012 but we just managed to escape, thanks to lucky timing.

Scientists say the most powerful solar storm in more than a century was occurring, but fortunately the sun was narrowly turned away from earth, so we escaped without incident.

If the storm had of occurred just one week earlier, earth would have been in the line of fire.

NASA says a direct hit would have wiped out communication networks and electrical grids around the world.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chris030406
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm all for a Revolution style apocalypse.
BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Mother Earth is trying to tell us something.
BaltimoreBaby
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Jesus. My daughter was only three months old and my worst fear (still) was that I would ever have to raise this little baby in any kind of post apocalyptic world.

idunno1234
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:45 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm a bit confused......was the Earth nearly destroyed or was it just our electrical grid that was almost wiped out?

Ms.KitKat
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:59 PM

I "think" that is one and the same.

Whatever would we do without the ability to log-on to cm???????

jk- 

but, was the sun turned away from earth? or the earth was turned away from the sun?

Quoting idunno1234:

I'm a bit confused......was the Earth nearly destroyed or was it just our electrical grid that was almost wiped out?

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Something like the show Revolution.

Quoting idunno1234:

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

NASA says a direct hit would have wiped out communication networks and electrical grids around the world.

Powercuts are hardly destruction of the entire planet.   They wouldn't even be a threat to the existence of the human race.

There are whole countries in Africa, that would have been barely affected (no telephone lines or national grid).

OHgirlinCA
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I think it would have been a panic driving event, but one that destroyed Earth?  No...

meriana
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:49 PM

People would have been really upset and many would have had a problem adjusting to the need to do things differently but destruction of the planet? Hardly, people existed quite well for thousands of years without communication networks and power grids.

VooDooB
by The Corrupter on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:59 PM

That might be the most dramatic "news" title I've ever seen. Who wrote that garbage?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)