• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Israel says no to Kerry/ Day of Rage

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:40 PM
  • 36 Replies

1. TIME BOMB

Palestinians Declare ‘Day of Rage’

Darren Whiteside / Reuters

The day after 10,000 Palestinians protested on the West Bank, the Fatah political party called for Palestinians to have a "day of rage" to coincide with the final Friday of the holy month of Ramadan. (Fatah was founded by Yasser Arafat and is the party of the Mahmoud Abbas, president of the Palestinian Authority.) Meanwhile, Secretary of State John Kerry is pushing for a ceasefire that both sides will agree on. Israel's security cabinet is meeting Friday to discuss the plan as Hamas fired a slew of rockets from Gaza into Israel. The death toll has now reached 815 Palestinians and 35 on the Israeli side.

Read it at The Los Angeles Times
  2. Israeli Cabinet Rejects Kerry’s Proposal

Secretary of State John Kerry’s attempts at brokering a ceasefire between Israel and Palestine have failed, at least for the moment. Israeli cabinet members rejected Kerry’s proposal on Friday, electing to continue discussions instead about how to improve the proposal in Israel’s favor. More than 800 Palestinians and 35 Israelis have been killed in the past two weeks of fighting, which culminated with a Palestinian "day of rage" Friday following a deadly Israeli attack on a U.N. shelter in Gaza and a 10,000-strong protest in the West Bank on Thursday.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momniscient
by Obama licker on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:41 PM
3 moms liked this
So now do we all get to holler about how Israel has rejected a ceasefire?
supermonstermom
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Quoting Momniscient: So now do we all get to holler about how Israel has rejected a ceasefire?

I guess if you want to..

Della529
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Of course...

"Israeli cabinet members rejected Kerry’s proposal on Friday, electing to continue discussions instead about how to improve the proposal in Israel’s favor. "

nb34
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Israel doesn't want to make peace. That was obvious from the beginning. 

Momniscient
by Obama licker on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Well I recall Quite a few comments in the last few days about how this was all Palestines fault because They rejected a ceasefire. Perhaps because the conditions weren't ideal for them.

Kinda like how now Israel has done the same. Wonder how many will defend and justify that...

Quoting supermonstermom:

Quoting Momniscient: So now do we all get to holler about how Israel has rejected a ceasefire?

I guess if you want to..

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Curious but did Hamas say yes to Kerry?  

supermonstermom
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

On Sunday, Kerry was making anti Israel open mic comments..  I am not sure I would listen to a word Kerry said if I were Israel.

And.. it hasn't been released what was in the cease fire, that Kerry was trying to make Israel agree to.

Quoting Momniscient: Well I recall Quite a few comments in the last few days about how this was all Palestines fault because They rejected a ceasefire. Perhaps because the conditions weren't ideal for them. Kinda like how now Israel has done the same. Wonder how many will defend and justify that...
Quoting supermonstermom:

I guess if you want to..

supermonstermom
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:28 PM

I think they had no comment.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Curious but did Hamas say yes to Kerry?  

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM

So are you saying Hamas agreed to the ceasefire and sitting down to negotiations as proposed by SOS Kerry?  

Quoting Momniscient: Well I recall Quite a few comments in the last few days about how this was all Palestines fault because They rejected a ceasefire. Perhaps because the conditions weren't ideal for them. Kinda like how now Israel has done the same. Wonder how many will defend and justify that...
Quoting supermonstermom:

I guess if you want to..

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:37 PM
4 moms liked this
The ceasefire was about Israel would stop; but, Hamas would be allowed to continue its firing of weapons but Hamas "promise" they will "talk" about stopping firing its rockets.

No it isn't a "true" ceasefire and only an agreement with Hamas stopping what it's doing ... is the only real way to stop this conflict.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)