Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shouldn't you expect to get shot at if you burglarize another person's home? What if you're a pregnant burglar?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:18 PM
  • 111 Replies

DA to decide whether to charge killer of intruder who yelled 'I'm pregnant'

By Kisa Mlela Santiago, CNN
updated 6:24 PM EDT, Fri July 25, 2014

(CNN) -- Tom Greer says he fought back when he was attacked by intruders at his Southern California home. When he got his gun and fired at them, they ran.

The 80-year-old homeowner says one of the fleeing burglars, a woman, shouted, "I'm pregnant!" He shot her twice, killing her.

The woman was not pregnant, Ed Winter of the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office told CNN.

The district attorney will decide Friday whether Greer will face criminal charges.

Long Beach Police Chief Jim McDonnell said Greer walked into his house Tuesday to find suspects Andrea Miller, 26, and Gus Adams, 28, ransacking it. According to McDonnell, Greer said this was the fourth time his house has been burglarized.

Police say the couple beat and threw the elderly man to the ground, causing him to suffer a broken collarbone, cuts and bruises.

A homeowner says he fought back when Gus Adams and Andrea Miller burglarized his home and attacked him.
A homeowner says he fought back when Gus Adams and Andrea Miller burglarized his home and attacked him.

Despite his injuries, Greer managed to grab his gun and fire at the suspects, causing them to flee through the garage and into the alley, police said.

In an interview with non-CNN affiliate KNBC, Greer said that as the suspects ran into the alley, Miller yelled, "'Don't shoot me, I'm pregnant! I'm going to have a baby!' and I shot her anyway."

Miller died in the alley, the police chief said.

When asked by KNBC how he felt about the incident, Greer responded that he had no regrets.

"I had to do what I had to do."

The male suspect fled the scene, according to Greer and Chief McDonnell. Adams was later arrested and charged with residential robbery and felony murder in Miller's death. He is currently being held on $1.25 million bond.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hismommy2010
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:20 PM
This post has been made several times today
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Been there, done that.

This particular story, that is.

This old man feels vindicated in having shot someone who was no longer a thread in the back and killed them.  

His cross to bear.

.veni.vidi.vici
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Quoting hismommy2010: This post has been made several times today

I should have looked! Thanks

macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:24 PM
8 moms liked this
I fully support the old man. They violated his home and then his person. Who's to say they wouldnt have come back?
momtimesx4
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Quoting hismommy2010: This post has been made several times today

LOL or someone is shooting a bunch of pregos who are not pregnant.

VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Bill Murray smashes an alarm clock in Groundhog Day

littlemum41
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, tbey broke in. Big mistake. But like others have said, shooting someone in the back as they're running away was unnecessary . He was wrong. He needs to be charged with a crime.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemum41
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Shooting her in tbe back is okay with you ?

Quoting macbudsmom: I fully support the old man. They violated his home and then his person. Who's to say they wouldnt have come back?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.veni.vidi.vici
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:29 PM

funny shit vdb

Quoting VooDooB:

VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:29 PM

groundhog day bill murray I'm a god

Quoting .veni.vidi.vici:

funny shit vdb

Quoting VooDooB:

You make people leave CM. You drive them away. There is a meaness and coldness in you that pushes people away and makes them cancel their CM accounts. I know a few of them.

- Iga

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)