Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

wwyd, This is illegal isnt it?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:55 AM
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this

We have a few small businesses in the area that mark up manufacturer pricing.  For instance an Arizona product is marked 99 cents on the can yet they may charge 1 59, when there are cigarettes marked 75 cents off the price is the same as without the coupon, like they marked them up whatever value of the coupon.  EZ wider has a promotion where they mark the packs with a 99 cent sticker and they remove the sticker and sell for 2 00 you can see/feel the sticky on the pack.

Would you say something or just stop shopping there?  Can a person report this type of thing?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:10 AM
10 moms liked this

the manufacturers pricing is a suggestion.  The business is well within their right to mark up the product as high as they wish.  Ultimately they will figure out if the market can sustain it or if they will price themselves out of business.  

It isn't illegal.  

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Not illegal, but I would definitely shop elsewhere and tell the store why.  

survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

the manufacturered pricing is a suggestion.  The business is well within their right to mark up the product as high as they wish.  Ultimately they will figure out if the market can sustain it or if they will price themselves out of business.  

It isn't illegal.  

I know they wont be getting any of my business, they took over a place not far from here and I think they own 3 or 4 convenience stores in town.  

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I would just stop shopping there.  

jcrew6
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:26 AM

It's called MSRP.  Manufactures Suggested Retail Pricing. 

AllieKat
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't shop at bodegas? Is that what it is? Buy weed not merchandise! Don't you watch half baked?
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope not illegal. They can resell it at whatever price suits their fancy. It's their store.
That why I always call them the "inconvenience store" rather than convenience store. Lol
Hanab818
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Not illegaly. The man price is a suggestion. Which is why items have suggetted man price $3.99 on the barcode. I would just stop shipping they. They are price gauging. If i can get something cheaper somewhere else i will.
survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:38 AM

I have never seen half baked lol and I have avoided Harold and Kumar as well lol.  I have always thought that even Cheech and Chongs movies put pot in a bad light.  People do not become idiots because they smoke lol.

Quoting AllieKat: Don't shop at bodegas? Is that what it is? Buy weed not merchandise! Don't you watch half baked?

Della529
by Matlock on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

A haji store?   Is it called Speedway?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN