Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

An autopsy completed on Friday concluded Miller was not pregnant

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
alsmullins7
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this
They broke into his house and attacked him. He was protecting his house. I can tell you if some one broke into our house my husband wouldn't hesitate.

Yes it is awful that someone died but had they not done it in the first place she would be alive right now.

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting LauraKW: Doesn't make her any less dead.

but now she is a liar who deserves less sympathy and her murderer more pats on the back.

He wanted to kill one of them and succeeded.  Im sure he is happy.

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:55 AM
So your answer is that even inside the home, after she beat him up, he did not have the right to shoot her?

Quoting Momniscient: Who feels sorry for her?
The point is that she didn't need to die for her crime at the hands of someone who didn't need to shoot her.

Good lord.

Quoting Godgaveme4: And if he had shot her while she was in the home? Would those of you who feel sorry for this criminal feel differently?
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
If he wasn't in imminent danger himself of death, no, he had no right to shoot her.

Being beaten up does not give anyone the right to inflict the death penalty. Nor does being robbed.

And... That isn't what happened. He shot her in the back twice while she was fleeing.

Quoting Godgaveme4: So your answer is that even inside the home, after she beat him up, he did not have the right to shoot her?

The point is that she didn't need to die for her crime at the hands of someone who didn't need to shoot her.

Good lord.

Quoting Godgaveme4: And if he had shot her while she was in the home? Would those of you who feel sorry for this criminal feel differently?
Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Thank you for your response. I disagree with, but that is nothing new.

Do you know that more people are killed by the hands of other than with guns each year? I was surprised to know that. So that is a real threat and problem.

IMO, if someone breaks into a home and begins beating up the homeowner, the homeowner has the right to shoot said criminal. It is a possible consequence to the crime.

I am aware of what happened in this story.

Quoting Momniscient: If he wasn't in imminent danger himself of death, no, he had no right to shoot her.

Being beaten up does not give anyone the right to inflict the death penalty. Nor does being robbed.

And... That isn't what happened. He shot her in the back twice while she was fleeing.

Quoting Godgaveme4: So your answer is that even inside the home, after she beat him up, he did not have the right to shoot her?

Good lord.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:13 AM
Well your opinion isnt supported by law so, carry on with that.

Hope your opinion never gets you into gun trouble.

Quoting Godgaveme4: Thank you for your response. I disagree with, but that is nothing new.

Do you know that more people are killed by the hands of other than with guns each year? I was surprised to know that. So that is a real threat and problem.

IMO, if someone breaks into a home and begins beating up the homeowner, the homeowner has the right to shoot said criminal. It is a possible consequence to the crime.

Quoting Momniscient: If he wasn't in imminent danger himself of death, no, he had no right to shoot her.

Good lord.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:13 AM

it wasnt meant to considering you were the one making those stupid assumptions....but giggle away 
eye rolling 

Quoting Godgaveme4: Your response makes me giggle.
Quoting turtle68:

seems leaps of assumption are taken every time someone says the man or woman holding the gun is wrong.

Its depressing to read over and over and over and over and over.

Quoting Momniscient: Who feels sorry for her? The point is that she didn't need to die for her crime at the hands of someone who didn't need to shoot her. Good lord.

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:23 AM
So you are saying that if a someone breaks into my house and beats me up and I am able to get to a gun, I am not allowed to shoot them in my home? They are still in my home and therefore still a threat!

Quoting Momniscient: Well your opinion isnt supported by law so, carry on with that.

Quoting Godgaveme4: Thank you for your response. I disagree with, but that is nothing new.

Good lord.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:24 AM
2 moms liked this
You certainly are allowed. Who is going to stop you?
You may then be prosecuted for manslaughter or murder if it's warranted.

In the case of the old man it's warranted.

Quoting Godgaveme4: So you are saying that if a someone breaks into my house and beats me up and I am able to get to a gun, I am not allowed to shoot them in my home? They are still in my home and therefore still a threat!
Quoting Momniscient: Well your opinion isnt supported by law so, carry on with that.

Good lord.

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:00 AM
5 moms liked this
One doesn't have to feel sympathy for the woman involved to think that the man was wrong for shooting her. It's not an either/or thing, where one has to choose a side.

She was wrong for breaking into his home and assaulting him and he was wrong for shooting her in the back when she fleeing, and thus not an immediate threat.

Whether she was pregnant or not has no bearing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowball01201
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:01 AM
2 moms liked this

No he was not protecting his home or himself when he shot her. He chased her down in an ally and shot her in the back! TWICE! Had it happened in his house I would agree with you, but that's not the case. This man is just as much of a criminal as the two who broke into his home. Two wrongs don't make a right

Quoting alsmullins7: They broke into his house and attacked him. He was protecting his house. I can tell you if some one broke into our house my husband wouldn't hesitate. Yes it is awful that someone died but had they not done it in the first place she would be alive right now.
Quoting turtle68:

Quoting LauraKW: Doesn't make her any less dead.

but now she is a liar who deserves less sympathy and her murderer more pats on the back.

He wanted to kill one of them and succeeded.  Im sure he is happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)