Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

An autopsy completed on Friday concluded Miller was not pregnant

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Replies (51-60):
jllcali
by Jane on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:57 PM
2 moms liked this
He still shot her out of vengeance, not self defense.
Fayanne
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

fleeing victim?   she was the victim?

she chose to break into his home without any knowledge of how he might respond... so.. she put herself at risk. I have no sympathy for her.

Quoting jessilin0113: So it doesn't bother you at all that some guy decided to dispense some Wild West-style vigilantism on a fleeing victim to "teach a lesson"? Not even in his own home, I might add. This guy is not Judge Dredd, he doesn't have the right to execute. Robbery or even assault doesn't get the death penalty in this country, especially without due process.
Quoting Fayanne:

no sympathy for her

you willingly break into someone's home, you willingly put yourself at risk.

end of discussion.

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

jcrew6
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Want to live? Don't break in, beat up an old man, and ransack his property.  

Quoting LauraKW: Doesn't make her any less dead.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:49 PM
So uou are disappointed a baby was not killed along with his mom because it robs you of an opportunity to snark at prolifers? Huh. Okay.

Quoting jessilin0113: I'm almost disappointed, only because it would have been fun to watch the anti-choice crowd work themselves into knots trying to figure out what to think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Yes breaking into this man's house was wrong and she lying about her being pregnant was also wrong but the old man didn't have to shot her.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
She was wrong and so was the man. Once she was fleeing, he had no right to shoot her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
btamilee
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Both were wrong. My thoughts go back to ONE major FACT.  This women would still be alive today, but for HER decision to rob and beat the old man.  The fact that she wasn't pregnant and has a previous record does not surprise me.  He was indeed wrong, but after having his home broken into three times...I wonder what his frame of mind was.  Now, its up to a court of law to decide if it was indeed a crime.  The sad thing is that it would never have happened but for the actions of this women.  In my eyes...she shares a big part of the responsibility in her own death with the choices SHE made.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Snark is my middle name, but you missed a crucial word.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: So uou are disappointed a baby was not killed along with his mom because it robs you of an opportunity to snark at prolifers? Huh. Okay.
Quoting jessilin0113: I'm almost disappointed, only because it would have been fun to watch the anti-choice crowd work themselves into knots trying to figure out what to think.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

And if he had shot her during that process, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Since he shot her off his property as she was fleeing, yes, she was a shooting victim.  A terrible person and probably not one doing any services to humanity in general, but still a victim of a crime. 

Quoting Fayanne:

fleeing victim?   she was the victim?

she chose to break into his home without any knowledge of how he might respond... so.. she put herself at risk. I have no sympathy for her.

Quoting jessilin0113: So it doesn't bother you at all that some guy decided to dispense some Wild West-style vigilantism on a fleeing victim to "teach a lesson"? Not even in his own home, I might add. This guy is not Judge Dredd, he doesn't have the right to execute. Robbery or even assault doesn't get the death penalty in this country, especially without due process.
Quoting Fayanne:

no sympathy for her

you willingly break into someone's home, you willingly put yourself at risk.

end of discussion.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:44 PM

I never really thought she was pregnant to begin with.

Still does not change my stance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)