Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

10,000 protest housing illegals in Boston

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:48 AM
  • 99 Replies

Protesters Swarm Beacon Hill, ‘Livid’ Over Illegal Immigration

GLOBE

An anti-illegal immigration rally on Beacon Hill outside the State House on Saturday, July 26 was teeming with protesters.

While Bree Sison of CBS Boston estimated that the gathering drew hundreds of people, Jeff Kuhner, the host of WRKO’s The Kuhner Report, who organized the rally, put the number closer to 10,000 people.

People carrying signs that said “Deport illegals,” and “Americans before illegals” stood just outside the State House from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Kuhner told Boston.com that he himself is a legal immigrant.

Kuhner came to the United States in the 1990s on a work visa as he worked towards a Ph. D. Still a Canadian citizen, he was issued a green card in 2006. Kuhner said he is currently in the process of becoming a naturalized citizen.

“I’ve never seen any kind of a backlash like this before on any issue ever. People in this state are livid. They feel betrayed by the political elite,” Kuhner said of Gov. Deval Patrick’s decision for Massachusetts to offer shelter to unaccompanied minors.

This week, a state official said it remained “unclear” how many unaccompanied minors crossing the nation’s southern border illegally would be coming to Massachusetts and how many could stay in the state longer. The state has offered to house up to 1,000 children at one of two secure facilities for up to four months.

Kuhner told Boston.com that he thought Saturday’s rally in Boston may well become a national story. “We made the Drudge Report.”

“These are not children. When you say child, the implication is 4, 5, 6 [years old]. They’re teenagers – many of them are gangbangers ... If you’re 15, you’re not a child. A child is 12 and under.”

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/07/26/hundreds-attend-anti-illegal-immigration-rally-beacon-hill/tEgyzS5TE5Z6YiI8VBP6aP/story.html

You make people leave CM. You drive them away. There is a meaness and coldness in you that pushes people away and makes them cancel their CM accounts. I know a few of them.

- Iga

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:51 AM
5 moms liked this

they voted for him.  This is one of the bluest states in the union.

VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:51 AM
3 moms liked this

“The state can’t take care of the children in its own care, yet these immigrants are coming in and skipping the line,” said Mark Fisher, a Tea Party-backed gubernatorial candidate seeking the Republican nomination."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/07/26/protesters-rally-against-plan-house-immigrant-children/SLZkUhYMdzZlHZuVaeLn4L/story.html

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:05 AM
8 moms liked this

That was lovely.

How many homeless Americans are living in cardboard boxes and feeding their kids out of trash cans again?
Maybe they should all cross the border, cross back over again, and surrender to border patrol. Then perhaps the government will finally take care of them. 

Quoting UpSheRises: Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame, With conquering limbs astride from land to land; Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame. "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

You make people leave CM. You drive them away. There is a meaness and coldness in you that pushes people away and makes them cancel their CM accounts. I know a few of them.

- Iga

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
This exactly.

Quoting VooDooB:

That was lovely.

How many homeless Americans are living in cardboard boxes and feeding their kids out of trash cans again?Maybe they should all cross the border, cross back over again, and surrender to border patrol. Then perhaps the government will finally take care of them. 

Quoting UpSheRises: Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Assuming that the Mexican "border patrol" doesn't shoot them first, of course.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: This exactly.
Quoting VooDooB:

That was lovely.

How many homeless Americans are living in cardboard boxes and feeding their kids out of trash cans again?Maybe they should all cross the border, cross back over again, and surrender to border patrol. Then perhaps the government will finally take care of them. 

Quoting UpSheRises: Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame, With conquering limbs astride from land to land; Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame. "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

- Iga

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:08 AM
3 moms liked this
Where are the money/resources coming from to take care of these refugees and why, it we have had them all along, havethey not been used to feed, clothe and house the millions of American children suffering below the poverty line?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
With a large Catholic population. Just as in Texas, and with the blessings of the Pope, they'll probably step in there, too.

Quoting candlegal:

they voted for him.  This is one of the bluest states in the union.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Exactly....if the people hoarding all the resources dont care enough to help kids who were born here why would they offer those resources to kids who weren't? As someonewho has made a profession out of protecting the health and safety of children, im doing my part...offering what I can. If we all offered what we could we'd move mountains.

How much money was donated to political campaigns in the last presidential election? And people say we dont have enough to go around...

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: Where are the money/resources coming from to take care of these refugees and why, it we have had them all along, havethey not been used to feed, clothe and house the millions of American children suffering below the poverty line?

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Again...people are not illegal, actions are.  Dehumanizing and diminishing their humanity by calling them illegals or any other bad name.  

My response; every community has a group that is mean-spirite and grudging with kindness

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN