Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two Teen Girls Arrested After Posting Video of Themselves Torturing Tortoise

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:48 AM
  • 73 Replies

Two Teen Girls Arrested After Posting Video of Themselves Torturing Tortoise

by Lisa Fogarty

Two teenage girls from Florida have been arrested for allegedly torturing and killing a rare tortoise -- while capturing the act on video and posting it to Facebook.

Jennifer Emoke Green, 18, and her 15-year-old accomplice reportedly filmed themselves setting fire to a gopher tortoise and then crushing it to death. Their disgusting actions and words while committing this terrible act are, thankfully, being taken very seriously.

Someone who viewed the two videos reported the girls to police. In one video, the teens could be seen kicking the small animal, pouring a flammable liquid on it, and setting the poor creature on fire. They could be heard laughing as the tortoise tried to escape the flames and one girl said, "Burn baby, burn baby. Now you're scared of us, huh?"

The second video reportedly shows one of the girls stomping on the tortoise's shell until it broke, killing the animal.

The teens have been charged with felony cruelty to animals -- which is a third-degree felony -- and taking, harassing, harming or killing a gopher tortoise, which is a second-degree misdemeanor.

What would make young girls do something so horrible to a living creature? The fact that they could think so little of a life -- that they lacked empathy in such a horrific way -- is nothing short of frightening. It's a good thing these girls were caught NOW and will face consequences for their actions before they grow up and possibly do something even worse.

What do you feel should happen to these teens for torturing this animal?

Should their age be a factor?

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelaicky
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Punishment and treatment, a brain is not fully developed until you are about 20.. maybe it was 25.

BaronSamedi
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Get real!  Destroying these kid's lives because of the emotional factor is  the wrong reaction.  Punishment for  not knowing what species it was or wasting food.  Time for sanity to return.

BrutalTruth
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:52 AM
4 moms liked this
I do not think their ages should be a factor, and I hope their prosecuted to the fullest extent possible. Little pos psychopaths. I'm glad they got caught, I'm glad they were charged.
PerseyG
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:02 AM
3 moms liked this
Ok...so in one breath..we have idiots in Boston claiming that 15 years are not children and then we have people here saying that kids should not be severely punished for torturing an animal to death..because they are kids.

Which is it? or does this double standard only apply to Americans vs Non and humans vs animals.

Ugh...these little bitches should be tossed into oncoming traffic, they have nothing to offer our future generations. Serial killing begins with cruelty to animsls. next time, it will be a toddler or a classmate. The Columbine Killers used to torture and kill animals.
drinkme8184
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:03 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting BaronSamedi:

Get real!  Destroying these kid's lives because of the emotional factor is  the wrong reaction.  Punishment for  not knowing what species it was or wasting food.  Time for sanity to return.

No.  Punishment for torturing a living being and finding it funny.  And for video taping it and sharing that shit.  What kind of psycho finds joy in torturing others?  They need to see a psychiatrist for sure because torturing and abusing animals is often a warning sign for torturing and abusing humans.

angelaicky
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:11 AM

lol that's a bit extreme but I agree they should be punished not severely like a rapist or a murderer.  They are kids and need to be rehabilitated.  This is sad but kids are different and need help. I can understand your anger, I get angry when I hear about kids being hurt and poor animals but these children can change and need time to grow. 

Quoting PerseyG: Ok...so in one breath..we have idiots in Boston claiming that 15 years are not children and then we have people here saying that kids should not be severely punished for torturing an animal to death..because they are kids. Which is it? or does this double standard only apply to Americans vs Non and humans vs animals. Ugh...these little bitches should be tossed into oncoming traffic, they have nothing to offer our future generations. Serial killing begins with cruelty to animsls. next time, it will be a toddler or a classmate. The Columbine Killers used to torture and kill animals.

PerseyG
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:16 AM
6 moms liked this
kids who laugh and taunt as a creature burns can't be rehabbed. Jeffrey Dahmer and Ed Gein would not have been rehabbed.

The girls in the Manson Family were the same ages as these girls when they murdered people and laughed in court during the trial. They are in prison trying to garner sympathy now.

Some people are just evil and should be locked away accordingly.

Quoting angelaicky:

lol that's a bit extreme but I agree they should be punished not severely like a rapist or a murderer.  They are kids and need to be rehabilitated.  This is sad but kids are different and need help. I can understand your anger, I get angry when I hear about kids being hurt and poor animals but these children can change and need time to grow. 

Quoting PerseyG: Ok...so in one breath..we have idiots in Boston claiming that 15 years are not children and then we have people here saying that kids should not be severely punished for torturing an animal to death..because they are kids.

Which is it? or does this double standard only apply to Americans vs Non and humans vs animals.

Ugh...these little bitches should be tossed into oncoming traffic, they have nothing to offer our future generations. Serial killing begins with cruelty to animsls. next time, it will be a toddler or a classmate. The Columbine Killers used to torture and kill animals.

angelaicky
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Don't get me wrong I think some people are beyond help and need to be in a hospital or jail for life. Maybe if Dahmer was treated when he was a boy it would have been different. I would want to find out why they didn't have any empathy for this animal. Were they just trying to get attention and just being mean, did something happen to them, are they mentally unbalanced. I do want some form of punishment but that alone wont stop them from doing more harm. If this is a case like Dahmer, its needs to be taken care of now.

Quoting PerseyG: kids who laugh and taunt as a creature burns can't be rehabbed. Jeffrey Dahmer and Ed Gein would not have been rehabbed. The girls in the Manson Family were the same ages as these girls when they murdered people and laughed in court during the trial. They are in prison trying to garner sympathy now. Some people are just evil and should be locked away accordingly.
Quoting angelaicky:

Quoting PerseyG: Ok...so in one breath..we have idiots in Boston claiming that 15 years are not children and then we have people here saying that kids should not be severely punished for torturing an animal to death..because they are kids. Which is it? or does this double standard only apply to Americans vs Non and humans vs animals. Ugh...these little bitches should be tossed into oncoming traffic, they have nothing to offer our future generations. Serial killing begins with cruelty to animsls. next time, it will be a toddler or a classmate. The Columbine Killers used to torture and kill animals.

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
The #1 sign of crazy is torturing animals as kids!

Quoting PerseyG: kids who laugh and taunt as a creature burns can't be rehabbed. Jeffrey Dahmer and Ed Gein would not have been rehabbed.

The girls in the Manson Family were the same ages as these girls when they murdered people and laughed in court during the trial. They are in prison trying to garner sympathy now.

Some people are just evil and should be locked away accordingly.

Quoting angelaicky:

Quoting PerseyG: Ok...so in one breath..we have idiots in Boston claiming that 15 years are not children and then we have people here saying that kids should not be severely punished for torturing an animal to death..because they are kids.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:32 AM
3 moms liked this

Didn't you just refer to a bunch of very young children as containing a potential scarface because they are illegal immigrants/refugees from a Central American country?

So: your mommy shoving you through the fence so maybe you can be an American and not get killed by a gang: YOU ARE SCARFACE

Teenager torturing an animal and cruelly killng it: POOR THING DOESN'T KNOW BETTER

Dude, you got a fucked up idea of sanity.

Quoting BaronSamedi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)